The General Ross County Chat Thread

RMcG saying in the P&J that season ticket sales have already passed the whole of last season, which of course is good. He has however also said that RCTV will be no more next year, which is a bit of a kick in the balls for supporters who live outside of the Highlands.

13 hours ago, central staggie said:

RMcG saying in the P&J that season ticket sales have already passed the whole of last season, which of course is good. He has however also said that RCTV will be no more next year, which is a bit of a kick in the balls for supporters who live outside of the Highlands.

Yeah, I've seen the club TV issue discussed elsewhere. The issue is that Sky have the rights and they had allowed the showing of all the live matches during covid but now that period is over they've put a stop to it.

It's a shame, as it was something that was of real benefit to supporters who struggle to get to matches. I was working shifts for a few years so the RCTV allowed me to keep in touch with the team performances.

I didn't realize, that side are one of the Qatari Aspire lots developmental/feeder teams. No like we ever had a chance in that case.

I rate that he's gone somewhere outside of the UK to play. Looks like he's on big bucks too.

Wish him all the best as he clearly has a lot of time for everyone at the club and vice versa.

Iacovitti is away too apparently which is a worry. 

We really should be making signings now considering what we've got. 

3 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

I rate that he's gone somewhere outside of the UK to play. Looks like he's on big bucks too.

Wish him all the best as he clearly has a lot of time for everyone at the club and vice versa.

Have you read that somewhere, or just the grape vine?

That would indeed be a worry

4 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Absolutely wish him all the best.

He was a joy to watch, and joint top scorer in the top league, fantastic achievement.

7 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

I've been told by a few people that he's had some good offers down south

Fair enough. Money talks for a lot of players at the end of the day and we're not going to compete with many teams down there.

Let's hope MM has some more class contacts up his sleeve.

Malky in the P&J saying it may take sometime to get players in back to last season’s scenario I doubt if we lose the first ten games again we will finish top six.

I might be a bit hard on him here but surely he was aware of the situation long ago not like last year when he was new into the job.

Looks like a complete rebuild again with need for a minimum of ten players.

We're likely going to need a GK, a CB, a LB, at least two midfielders, one wide player and possibly another striker.

How we will do is a complete mystery.

https://blog.transferroom.com/revealed-the-best-destinations-for-loan-stars-in-2021-22?utm_campaign=Blog Content&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=216188622&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8AQN0hNLOw90b1BFkWngBsYdnGI-Hsm5FtotOZ6VCWOEwcsbQ1q0IbIhKtize-Qe50X_ymLFWlg0YxT6GSLXXIlS0BRjPbbGukdVGUj8FW07joCpb8XXo5K5SfF29_LLnW2boO&utm_content=216073830&utm_source=hs_email

Ross County are one of only 5 UK clubs (the only Scottish club) given full 5 star rating for developing loan players.

Hopefully a growing reputation for attacking football and a development will see us get a fresh batch of top academy players in again 🤞

1 hour ago, morrison said:

And will leave the club needing another overhaul of players next season.

It’s completely unsustainable.  And I don’t really see how a grading system from a blog is much to crow about.   That being said, given some of the incompetents who have been on loan with us before (a big hello to Si-minimum Power), Hungbo was outstanding.  The less said about Burroughs the better, though.

Edited by Savage Henry

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s completely unsustainable.  And I don’t really see how a grading system from a blog is much to crow about.   That being said, given some of the incompetents who have been on loan with us before (a big hello to Si-minimum Power), Hungbo was outstanding.  The less said about Burroughs the better, though.

Not disagreeing but for what it's worth TransferRoom seems to be an actual industry 'summit' (their word not mine).

There have been a few articles about it, I really only clocked it because it seems we've been regularly involved along with Aberdeen, Hibs and Rangers.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-hibs-motherwells-transferroom-ticket-24305484
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/3-scottish-premiership-sides-accelerate-26462031

https://blog.transferroom.com/brexit-opening-new-daws-in-recruitment-for-motherwell-fc

Doncaster Rovers are top of our loan rating system for all players, gaining the maximum score of five in our TransferRoom loan rating system, used to help clubs navigate the loan market, accessible through the Virtual Loan Assistant tool on our platform.

Their five loanees averaged 1678 minutes played and 53.6% of available playing time, despite the club finishing 22nd in League One.

Essentially that rating is done on average minutes etc, Doncaster who "won" it were relegated. It is absolutely meaningless. 

It's a worry that the club haven't looked to buy anybody in, they'd have known that we were going to lose a large number of first teamers. The problem we have is that we are waiting on other clubs filling their side before they let players leave on loan. 

As others have said, last season we clicked and managed to go three or four games without a loss a couple times which propped us up the table. There are no guarantees that will happen again this season. It is a really risky strategy.