The General Ross County Chat Thread

Turner being away (but only on loan) makes sense if Dhanda is staying till the summer. Trying to fit them both in a system didn't seem to work for Malky or Adams. There's definitely a player there, just hasn't quite worked this season. Hopefully he has an excellent 6 months at Raith and comes back firing on all cylinders with us next season or we get some money for him in the summer. 

That's 3 out now so surely we can't expect some ins soon. 

54 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Turner being away (but only on loan) makes sense if Dhanda is staying till the summer. Trying to fit them both in a system didn't seem to work for Malky or Adams. There's definitely a player there, just hasn't quite worked this season. Hopefully he has an excellent 6 months at Raith and comes back firing on all cylinders with us next season or we get some money for him in the summer. 

That's 3 out now so surely we can't expect some ins soon. 

Yeah.  This is my take too.  When Adams talked of Sims as a ten, the writing was on the wall.  

Sims as a #10 is surely Championship level stuff. He runs about a lot, but does he actually do anything?

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

Sims as a #10 is surely Championship level stuff. He runs about a lot, but does he actually do anything?

I don’t see it at all. 

I want him to be brilliant, because he seems such a decent bloke.  But yeah. 

I do think he was robbed of a goal at Hearts though.  

I'm surprised at the reaction to Turner leaving and the extent of the negativity towards Adams at the moment. I'd have expected the most successful manager in our history to get more of the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe it'll all go wrong, but if he's pissed off a few players with his comments, who cares? Those same players got us to the lofty heights of 11th in the league and the previous manager the sack.

The Aberdeen performance was dire, but the Hearts game was actually quite good, so isn't evidence in itself that he's "lost the dressing room". Let's see how the rest of the month pans out, but so far I've been enjoying Adams 3.0 much more than the dirge Mackay served up.

25 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Ben Purrington next out the door. Off to Exeter.

That was rumoured in the summer. Two left-backs remaining, at least.

A slow start to the transfer window is soon going to change to rapid acceleration.

Edited by bunglebonce

19 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Eli King in on loan.  

Guess he wasnt joking when he said he wanted a team full of players on 6 month contracts, then.

20 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Not overly bothered that Purrington’s away, he was probably one of the higher earners and was pretty average to say the least.

We don’t need three left backs, but Purrington did at least cover left centre back.