Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Javid's out.
Lol. Grandstanding speech in parliament to set the tone for a leadership campaign once he knew it was safe to lay into the Talking Haystack - falls at the first hurdle [emoji23]

As funny as all this is, the views and potentially actually policies of some of the candidates are genuinely terrifying prospects for the poor and vulnerable in this country.

10 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Who is the most right wing of them all, appreciate they all are right wing fannys...but who is the Poots of who is left?

Braverman, without a doubt.

Continually votes against any sort of legislation designed to enhance the rights of minorities, is widely regarded as a laughing stock within the legal profession. Not only is she a right-wing nutjob, she's a thick, incompetent right-wing nutjob.

Just now, monthefife said:

Braverman for sure. Followed closely by Liz Truss, I'd say

Truss is just a shameless opportunist with no scruples, in the same mold as Johnson. 

If that means aping the swivel-eyed lot because that's expedient then that's what she'll do. Braverman is on a different plane altogether. Genuine lunatic.

Liz Truss is to the Tories what Jess Philips is to Labour, both vacuous gobshites with an inflated sense of their own ability.
At least when Philips speaks in the commons she looks like she viscerally hates the Tories opposite. Truss is utterly vacant.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Liz Truss is to the Tories what Jess Philips is to Labour, both vacuous gobshites with an inflated sense of their own ability.

At least when Philips speaks in the commons she looks like she viserally hates the Tories opposite. Truss is utterly vacant.

OK she’s a vacuous gobshite who viscerally hates the Tories.

Fuckity, f**k, f**k I’m just catching up on the news.  Javid couldn’t even get 20 backers!  That’s hilarious, I hope he sinks into a deep depression that he never recovers from.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Who is the most right wing of them all, appreciate they all are right wing fannys...but who is the Poots of who is left?

For all the twitter culture warrior nonsense of Braverman and Badenoch, and being painted as the left wing candidate, Sunak is probably the hardest core right winger of all of them, maybe apart from Tugendhat who also pretends to be moderate but advocates rounding up everyone with Russian origins in the UK and deporting them, along with shipping asylum seekers to Rwanda.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

For all the twitter culture warrior nonsense of Braverman and Badenoch, and being painted as the left wing candidate, Sunak is probably the hardest core right winger of all of them, maybe apart from Tugendhat who also pretends to be moderate but advocates rounding up everyone with Russian origins in the UK and deporting them, along with shipping asylum seekers to Rwanda.

At least he's not promising tax cuts right, left and centre. There's a lttle more realism in his plans. Also he doesn't need to be doing this. With his wealth would you not be sunning yourself in retirement in some nice part of the world? Who needs all the shit he's just about to let himself in for.

He also initiated the process of getting johnson out.

Truss & Braverman seem to be the two thickos. If they get in, it'll not be for a huge period of time and they serve to be the best for Scottish Independence.

Mordaunt is the most dangerous when thinking in a Scottish independence context as I can see a lot of the switherers buying into her. Same with the billionarie Sunak.

Tugendhat seems the least worst option, but then I don't know a great deal about him.

Jeremy Hunt is the old fashioned Tory and is a big fox hunting proponent type.

Zahawi seems to be a genuine challenge as he's went from being unheard of to having a great deal of mud thrown at him in just a few days.

I have no idea who Badenoch is but I'd be hugely surprised to see her get it either way.