Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The possibility that Kemi Badenoch - a person of Nigerian extract married to a Hamish -  a person of Scottish extract - could become our next PM shows me that Britain is working perfectly.
The functional part of Britain is hosting the women's euros.  A fantastic competition so far with great attitude from the players, good venues and great crowds.  Britain playing its part of putting women's football on the map.
The functional part of Britain will be host to the second-largest multi-sport event on the planet.  The Commonwealth Games at the end of July.   I expect great crowds, decent facilities and a fantastic set of events.  Brum will put on a great show.
The dysfunctional part of Britain is the one letting the side down.  Here's how Jockland - the hame o' gowf - is regarded:

Trying too hard.

46 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Telling that you regard a partitionist, Brexit-voting, leaderless government which is pursuing an ever more racist, extremist set of policies “perfect”. At least you’ll no longer be able to pretend to be anti-Brexit…

Still trying to get my head around how Britain is working because two London born folk got married is relevant tbh.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The possibility that Kemi Badenoch - a person of Nigerian extract married to a Hamish -  a person of Scottish extract - could become our next PM shows me that Britain is working perfectly.

The functional part of Britain is hosting the women's euros.  A fantastic competition so far with great attitude from the players, good venues and great crowds.  Britain playing its part of putting women's football on the map.

The functional part of Britain will be host to the second-largest multi-sport event on the planet.  The Commonwealth Games at the end of July.   I expect great crowds, decent facilities and a fantastic set of events.  Brum will put on a great show.

The dysfunctional part of Britain is the one letting the side down.  Here's how Jockland - the hame o' gowf - is regarded:

A mixed race person, women’s football and the Commonwealth games! What a country!

I expect better from your wind ups to be honest, you usually manage to actually hook a few McGlashans into a silly argument. This is really poor, low level trolling even allowing for the state you must have been in at 2am to think it was funny.  Real point and laugh, desperation stuff.

15 hours ago, monthefife said:

Braverman for sure. Followed closely by Liz Truss, I'd say

Braverman and Badenoch are fairly close on most issues. Those two are easily the most ideological whackjobs in the hunt.

38 minutes ago, btb said:

I would expect Badenach & Braverman to get eliminated in the early rounds and Truss to pick up the majority of their votes.

Is Badenoch even a serious candidate, or has she been promised a plum job if she espouses "red meat" policies to get them into the debate? The depressing aspect is that the candidates are trying to impress by the party membership - the nastiest of the nasty.

If we assume Rishi Sunak is keeping Hunt in the race to torpedo Truss, then there is a chance that one of Braverman or Banedoch maybe does make it to at least the last three.

If the Tory party contest worked like the Labour Party one (i.e. they gave their membership an equal vote at each stage rather than multiple rounds of the elected MPs acting as gatekeepers, whittling down the runners), I think at least one of them (probably Banedoch as Braverman is one of those folk too stupid to know how stupid they actually are) would have a realistic shot at the title. Ideologically pure, untouched by previous government scandal. Simplicity of messaging... a very right wing Corbyn type candidate.

Edited by renton

3 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Does a Kemi Strathspey exist as well? She won't be into shinty as much as Kemi Badenoch, but enjoys a single malt.

Has Dougal Ross came out against her given her dad burned down Elgin Cathedral during the pandemic.

Or something.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Braverman and Badenoch are fairly close on most issues. Those two are easily the most ideological whackjobs in the hunt.

They're both obsessed with issues pretty well confined to the Twittersphere which usually doesn't translate to votes (see Alba etc). I suspect that Sunak would have been seen as the most right wing Chancellor in history if Covid hadn't intervened, full scale deregulation of the City, tax and benefit cuts etc. 

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're both obsessed with issues pretty well confined to the Twittersphere which usually doesn't translate to votes (see Alba etc). I suspect that Sunak would have been seen as the most right wing Chancellor in history if Covid hadn't intervened, full scale deregulation of the City, tax and benefit cuts etc. 

Agreed but I reckon they're useful idiots for seeing what policies are just too extreme - like I said plum cabinet jobs await.

If it helps any Tory members who will have a vote - if there is a final ballot - Zahawi has apparently said that there would certainly be a place for BoJo in a Zahawi cabinet.

On the other hand, Rees-Mogg has said that he wouldn't serve in a Sunak administration. 

Getting complicated now. 

9 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

If it helps any Tory members who will have a vote - if there is a final ballot - Zahawi has apparently said that there would certainly be a place for BoJo in a Zahawi cabinet.

On the other hand, Rees-Mogg has said that he wouldn't serve in a Sunak administration. 

Getting complicated now. 

I imagine Johnson will resign as an MP as soon as he can. There's a lot more money to be made outside the Commons.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nothing has passed me by.  As Scotland - politically, socially and economically - is nose-diving off a cliff nothing is ever the fault of ScotGov.

In the last 15 years, Scotland has had 2 First Ministers. The SNP has had 2 party leaders. 

Since 2007, in a few weeks time we will have had 5 UK Prime Ministers, 4 Tory leaders, 4 Labour leaders (excluding Blair). 

Politically Scotland is far more stable than the UK.