Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's still a bit of time to play, Mordaunt had been the outsider so the former cabinets have all been savaging each other now she's favourite all the busy moles will be dredging up some Penny Dreadfuls. She's a Tory so must have some sex/fraud/greed/racist skeletons to fly out her closet just before her coronation.

Aren't we missing the herd of elephants in the room? 

It's pretty clear to me that the next permanent manager of the Conservative Party will be the same as usual - the job share that is the group of owners of the Mail, the Express, the Times and the Telegraph.  There has been and will be no change just because BoJo is being handed his jotters. 

All we are waiting for is the new mouthpiece. 

Sunak is probably the most sensible out of a truly awful list. I wonder how he'll feel when he eventually loses out to Mordaunt because he's basically the wrong colour for the vast majority of Tory voters to deal with [emoji23]

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

Sunak is probably the most sensible out of a truly awful list. I wonder how he'll feel when he eventually loses out to Mordaunt because he's basically the wrong colour for the vast majority of Tory voters to deal with emoji23.png

I’m sure he’ll be wiping away tears and snot with £50 notes.

24 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'm no sure how she'll cope having to split her time between Downing Street, captaining the UK's on-station nuclear deterrent, patrolling our territorial waters to deter ne'er-do-wells and brown people, and racing with Amundsen to be the first through the fabled Northwest Passage. I don't know how the RN managed before she came along.

I’m not sure I’d like to speculate about Mordor’s Northwest Passage, but the night is young.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

There's still a bit of time to play, Mordaunt had been the outsider so the former cabinets have all been savaging each other now she's favourite all the busy moles will be dredging up some Penny Dreadfuls. She's a Tory so must have some sex/fraud/greed/racist skeletons to fly out her closet just before her coronation.

Sex/fraud/greed/racist skeletons didn't do Bojo's reputation any harm - if anything, it enhanced it.

7 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Sex/fraud/greed/racist skeletons didn't do Bojo's reputation any harm - if anything, it enhanced it.

The UK public saw a corrupt, irresponsible xenophobe who'd sell his own family for the chance of a quick fumble in a supply closet, and a worrying number thought "one of us".

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

The UK public saw a corrupt, irresponsible xenophobe who'd sell his own family for the chance of a quick fumble in a supply closet, and a worrying number thought "one of us".

Not me

I quite like foreigners...now who wants to buy a family (choose your own closet)?

9 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Sunak is probably the most sensible out of a truly awful list. I wonder how he'll feel when he eventually loses out to Mordaunt because he's basically the wrong colour for the vast majority of Tory voters to deal with emoji23.png

He's obviously only in it for his own self promotion and the power trip not for any sense of duty or altruism, so now knowing no matter how much you try to butter people up on the right you will just have to accept your members inherent racism and that you will never get the top job.😂😂 Glorious.

Sunak being a billionaire and his wife being a non Dom backfired as Chancellor. As the PM who is front and centre 7 days a week it would cause huge resentment. 

Morduant has big tits. That puts her miles ahead of every other candidate none of whom have any positive qualities. 

It’s very difficult to predict how effective Mordaunt will be as PM.  She will also come under far greater scrutiny than she has to date.
Barring a monumental f**k up I cannot see the Tories getting a majority at the next GE.  At best they will be the largest party but well short of a majority, at worst Labour will sneak ahead of them.
She's another proven liar like Johnson but without the personality to see her through. They are trying to paint her like Thatcher but she is no Maggie T. Hasn't got a principle in her body and would be exposed by the boys club that is Westminster.

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

Put £10 on Liz Truss at 9/1 a few weeks ago, didn't know Skybet had a cashout option, currently sitting at £15.99.

Me too but a bit more and not being offered cashout. 

With possible exception of Sunak, the candidates' common characterisitic is that ambition is far exceeding ability.  Not that will be recognised by the narrow electorate for this contest but we must hope that the intense media exposure begins to concentrate minds in the public at large.  I can foresee a few beginning to buckle under pressure.