Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Written by the Austrian born Fritz Spiegel whose family were Jewish and fled to Britain after the Anschluss 

Spiegel was an adopted Scouser I suppose and also wrote the theme tune to Z Cars which Everton and Watford have adopted 

Arranged by please, I'm pretty sure he didn't write "What do we do with the drunken sailor?".

3 hours ago, sophia said:

You can't have your first, second or third choices I'm afraid so it is about what you can get.

I don't believe "nationalism" is what is on offer in Scotland, if it was it would be riding at or around 20% in the polls like it always does and I would be a million miles from it.

My vote isn't for permanently ridding Scotland of what could be characterised as a Tory vote.

I'm more concerned with the underpinning establishment and their dragging effect on us.

If the main concern is what's achievable, why not give up on indy? 

Absolute shitshow of eton-centric corruption for the last few years has barely moved the needle on the polls. 

Regardless on your views on Scottish independence, which is becoming increasingly a slam dunk, it still makes sense to have a competent British PM in charge, both as part of the union and when not part of it.

Rishi Sunak is far from perfect but is clearly (by far) the most competent candidate. Let's hope he wins.

Liz Truss is dreadful. Astonishing she has got this far, but so did Andrea Leadsom and let's hope her career unravels as quickly.

Both are several magnitudes better than the man being replaced.

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Written by the Austrian born Fritz Spiegel whose family were Jewish and fled to Britain after the Anschluss 

Spiegel was an adopted Scouser I suppose and also wrote the theme tune to Z Cars which Everton and Watford have adopted 

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Arranged by please, I'm pretty sure he didn't write "What do we do with the drunken sailor?".

Or Johnny Todd.

Where are folk getting the idea that the poor and vulnerable will somehow be safer under Sunak? It's absolutely desperate nonsense. Tories are Tories. Laying into the poor is what they do. Pig-fucker Cameron and the Maybot were far less extreme politicians than Johnson or Truss yet they immeasurably brutalised the Welfare State, the effects of which are very much a factor today.

Furlough wasn't some sort of outbreak of Tory decency either. Sunak brought it in because the alternative was hundreds of thousands of new Universal Credit claims, tens of thousands of refusals and an even greater economic cataclysm. If money needs to be saved somehow, you can 100% guarantee that Sunak AND Truss will both boot the utter f**k out of the welfare state to do it. 

As someone posted above, the only way to get these c***s out is the installation of an utterly hopeless cretin like Truss who will almost certainly lose them the next election. Obviously this requires Labour not to implode which is another matter altogether. 

Daily Mail pushing two stories today. 

First, and best by far, is an attempt by a Tory peer to get Johnson on the ballot for the members too. The Mail like this and want this. Read Dan Wootton's ramblings for a laugh. 

Second, Liz Truss must win. 

Wonderful. 

23 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Daily Mail pushing two stories today. 

First, and best by far, is an attempt by a Tory peer to get Johnson on the ballot for the members too. The Mail like this and want this. Read Dan Wootton's ramblings for a laugh. 

Makes you wonder if that's why diehard Johnsonites like Rees Mogg were pushing for a numpty and guaranteed vote loser like Truss.

Edited by welshbairn

As regards independence, the political case has long been established, but the much more difficult economic case remains the major issue.

Continuing vagueness by the SG is a poor recruiting sergeant so a painfully honest critique of the prospects for a future independent Scottish state should be prioritised.  A lot has changed since Andrew Wilson's previous attempt.

EU membership, currency, personal and corporate taxation, debt, pensions, land ownership, the funding of the health, social and care sector - the whole lot.

This may be a hard read for some but it would also provide a realistic prospectus for an alternative to the increasingly failing British state as well as shooting a long-running Unionist fox.

Liz Truss is a former Lib Dem member, campaigned for Remain but is now seen as the right wing Brexit candidate.

Sunak voted and campaigned for Leave but is being pushed as the 'Remain' candidate by Leavers.

The Tory Party is completely batshit.  They are like some mad 1980s far-left splinter party, all falling out with each other and firing out accusations of treachery.

51 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

As regards independence, the political case has long been established, but the much more difficult economic case remains the major issue.

Continuing vagueness by the SG is a poor recruiting sergeant so a painfully honest critique of the prospects for a future independent Scottish state should be prioritised.  A lot has changed since Andrew Wilson's previous attempt.

EU membership, currency, personal and corporate taxation, debt, pensions, land ownership, the funding of the health, social and care sector - the whole lot.

This may be a hard read for some but it would also provide a realistic prospectus for an alternative to the increasingly failing British state as well as shooting a long-running Unionist fox.

The leading candidate being interviewed by Nick Robinson this morning said we can reduce inflation by cutting taxes funded by borrowing and cited Brexit headcase Patrick Minford as her economics expert. The guy who thinks we need to destroy agriculture and manufacturing to make brexit work. 

Of course we need our own plan for an iScots economy and I am confident it's on its way and no matter what it will be kicked to death by the same people who are backing the annihilation of Scotlands exports above. But next to that we could propose the Smackerooni, free irn bru and Buckfast on the NHS and be both credible and popular.  

42 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Liz Truss is a former Lib Dem member, campaigned for Remain but is now seen as the right wing Brexit candidate.

Sunak voted and campaigned for Leave but is being pushed as the 'Remain' candidate by Leavers.

The Tory Party is completely batshit.  They are like some mad 1980s far-left splinter party, all falling out with each other and firing out accusations of treachery.

Leaving aside questions about her competence, Truss is still a Remainer. 

The Tories voting her are going to be left humiliated as she brings the UK further into line with EU..

In fairness, had she come across a party in 10 downing Street during lockdown, she would have been angry and told whoever was there not to do it again, which is definitely an improvement..

Edited by sparky88

15 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The leading candidate being interviewed by Nick Robinson this morning said we can reduce inflation by cutting taxes funded by borrowing and cited Brexit headcase Patrick Minford as her economics expert. The guy who thinks we need to destroy agriculture and manufacturing to make brexit work. 

Of course we need our own plan for an iScots economy and I am confident it's on its way and no matter what it will be kicked to death by the same people who are backing the annihilation of Scotlands exports above. But next to that we could propose the Smackerooni, free irn bru and Buckfast on the NHS and be both credible and popular.  

Minford is completely discredited now.

57 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I hope the exchanges in the time leading up to the members’ vote are increasingly brutal.

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Leaving aside questions about her competence, Truss is still a Remainer. 

The Tories voting her are going to be left humiliated as she brings the UK further into line with EU..

In fairness, had she come across a party in 10 downing Street during lockdown, she would have been angry and told whoever was there not to do it again, which is definitely an improvement..

She's actually said just over the past hour or so, she made a big mistake in voting for, and campaigning for Remain.

Two things I don't like about the woman. Her face.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Really enjoyed this video because the beginning makes it look as if Sunak is celebrating that Truss will be his opponent, like the BBC filming the reaction in a local social club of a provincial town when a seventh-tier side draw Liverpool at Anfield in the fourth round of the FA Cup or something.