Second to None: EOSL Second Division 2022-23

6 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Looking like a draw on Saturday for Arniston against Easthouses sees them up.  Good for them, they've been through some difficult times recently. Potentially the return of the Nitten v Arniston derby.

Unreal 2nd half of the season since they got the management team and other things sorted.

They've got the town buzzing for the team again so hopefully it's only the start for Arni, they've been bumbling around the bottom for far too long

2 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Congratulations to Whitburn. 

Worthy champions and I suspect they will be challenging for a third straight promotion next year.

Agreed. I think they will too strong for that league and prem is probably their natural level. Incredible they might get there so quickly 

1 minute ago, TheLad said:

Agreed. I think they will too strong for that league and prem is probably their natural level. Incredible they might get there so quickly 

I don't think anyone will be "too strong" for the First Division next season.  Looking at who's in it, you could pick upto 10-12 realistic contenders for the three promotion spots.

Think Whitburn are likely to recruit well again next season, the First Division will be a tough league though. 

The quality disparity between the teams promoted/relegated with the Premier Division balanced out with the same at the other end of the table.

27 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I don't think anyone will be "too strong" for the First Division next season.  Looking at who's in it, you could pick upto 10-12 realistic contenders for the three promotion spots.

I agree don't think they will be too strong but think they probably will be one of the stronger contenders 

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Am I imagining it but didn't Nitten announce a 5 year plan to be in the Lowland League? Not sure how long is left of the 5 years to achieve that, but it doesn't seem to be going to plan.

Maybe you misheard and it was a 5 year plan to get in the BORDERS League! 

At Ormiston v Craigroyston. Currently 2-1 to Ormiston as we approach HT.

The guy on the Ormiston bench who made the “take the basketball off him” quip against the visiting No.6? Genuinely hope you find the enlightenment you clearly need, you nasty little racist.

Perhaps not at the extreme end of the racist spectrum, but firmly on the spectrum and not acceptable.

4 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

At Ormiston v Craigroyston. Currently 2-1 to Ormiston as we approach HT.

The guy on the Ormiston bench who made the “take the basketball off him” quip against the visiting No.6? Genuinely hope you find the enlightenment you clearly need, you nasty little racist.

Perhaps not at the extreme end of the racist spectrum, but firmly on the spectrum and not acceptable.

I’m here as well, good game. Over the other side so didn’t hear that, shocker. 😮

14 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Last-day drama #2...

a3f740b22a1a8c8550cd42ea4697102f.gif

image.png.8b78ad0bc9ded9ba9b5c215834699ca3.png

Saturday 27th May  
Craigroyston v Hawick
Lochgelly v Ormiston

Great game today, even though they are away got to fancy the Primrose, weird randomness that both facing the two relegated teams.

Edited by Cowdenleith

Craigroyston are    RELEGATED  

Craigroyston did their job against Hawick, if unconvincingly - but it was for nought as Ormiston crushed Lochgelly. Primrose thank a rich seam of form a month ago, followed by last week's victory, for survival.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Craigroyston are    RELEGATED  

Craigroyston did their job against Hawick, if unconvincingly - but it was for nought as Ormiston crushed Lochgelly. Primrose thank a rich seam of form a month ago, followed by last week's victory, for survival.

Well done the Primrose in staying up, really enjoyed going there last week, need to get down again in the future.