QoS vs Clyde

3 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Could Gibson not see the right back was getting destroyed all game. 

As was the left back and two centre backs and the midfield, and the forwards were left feeding in more scraps than the seagulls. 

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

As was the left back and two centre backs and the midfield, and the forwards were left feeding in more scraps than the seagulls. 

We were shocking from front to back but all the danger was coming down the left. For all Gibson was doing in the centre it was a easy switch. 

14 minutes ago, CM. said:

The boy who got thrown out was allowed back in so couldn't have been that bad :lol:

That was absolutely unreal.

That says more about our incompetent stewards than it does the wee fanny's behaviour tbh.

Arrived at Palmerston with a smidgen of optimism for the season. Left swamped in pessimism.

Massive well done to Clyde. You were excellent. 2-2 would have been hugely unfair, you deserved that win and more.

Queens? Where do you start? All over the place, back to front. RB issues were obvious but LB problematic too. A real naivety over Quitongo’s positional sense in my opinion. In fact, real naivety in defence full stop. And from there, it fell to pieces. Shocking.

4 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Arrived at Palmerston with a smidgen of optimism for the season. Left swamped in pessimism.

Massive well done to Clyde. You were excellent. 2-2 would have been hugely unfair, you deserved that win and more.

Queens? Where do you start? All over the place, back to front. RB issues were obvious but LB problematic too. A real naivety over Quitongo’s positional sense in my opinion. In fact, real naivety in defence full stop. And from there, it fell to pieces. Shocking.

I'm not throwing Quitongo under the bus because he's been ok IMO so far but East was on for about 5 minutes and showed more composure on the ball than most of the team. I'd be tempted to give him a shot at LB next week.

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That says more about our incompetent stewards than it does the wee fanny's behaviour tbh.

Doesn’t help that the stewards are always giving to the kids behind the goal yet when fans in the away start playing up winding up the queens fans at the far end they are non-existence 

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not throwing Quitongo under the bus because he's been ok IMO so far but East was on for about 5 minutes and showed more composure on the ball than most of the team. I'd be tempted to give him a shot at LB next week.

The only other game I’ve seen this season was the Annan game. Unfair for me to be as negative regarding  Quitongo, I suppose. East at LB may be an option but I’d rather see him in the centre. 

Duthie man of the match.

Gomis, close second for man of the match.

Clyde supporters were terrific too.
Apart from the goon who got ejected and his pals running about like headless chickens. Tbf noisy support which would have had some day out.

Serious note what the f**k is this home form about. Obviously went on before but its critical. Will put people off even long time fans. Next home game we really need to win.

Firstly well done Clyde - terrific performance and it always mystifies me how Danny Lennon never seems to appear on any managerial shortlists these days. His tactics were outstanding today and he used his subs very pro- actively. I literally couldn’t believe that Queens made no changes after that first half performance. How McKenna re-appeared after the break is beyond me certainly but he wasn’t alone!

Anybody who realistically thinks that this QOS squad could possibly win League 1 is sadly disallusioned. Only players that played today that I would want to see starting regularly  are :- D McKay, East, Gibson, McGrory, Paton and Connelly. Hopefully, Wilson,Ruth,Todd and Reilly can make an impact but the rest of the starters look miles off the standard not only in terms of ability but also in terms of attitude, grit and determination.

Huge warning bells being sounded - Annan match was bad enough but today was comparable to the late 80s and 90s when we were represented by players that were simply not good enough.

The forthcoming Rangers windfall may prompt some further transfer activity - I reckon we need another 3/4 quality recruits or face the threat of a battle at the wrong end of the table.

if Clyde are genuinely one of this leagues poorer teams (and they certainly didnt look it today) then we are in a heap of trouble. No doubt people will say you cannot judge a squad on one match (and you can’t)but the scale of that defeat and the manner of it was very significant. Being FT and having a long stay in the league above counts for nothing if the players aren’t good enough - just ask Falkirk.

Where to start with that absolute embarrassment ? Summed up by the fact that the Clyde left back looks one of the worst footballers I have seen for a long time but Danny Lennon (a proper manager) hooked him before he caused too much damage. Then at least 5 of our own players said you think he was bad “hold my beer”, funnily enough I wondered if a few of them were still hungover from last night.

How McKenna, Connor Murray and Cochrane lasted the 90 minutes was beggars belief. We had Muir, Gibson and McMahon who couldn’t possibly have been any worse sitting twiddling their thumbs on the bench. It’s too early to panic about relegation but in a few weeks time it might not be. Left before the red card so can’t comment but sounds like it was a moment of madness which leaves us even shorter for next week. 

I was looking forward to league 1 this season as it was a fresh start and I maybe wrongly assumed we would be more competitive. I hope to god I’m overreacting and we will improve.