2022–23 Highland League Chat

RossBFaeDundee

"2nd place Buckie City host Aberdeenshire rivals Brechin Thistle in a winner takes all clash at the top of the Highlandshire League this weekend. With promotion to the Lowland League at stake, the 2 points for the winner will be keenly contested at the Bught Park."

3 hours ago, drs said:

...but you can't actually tell me what it has to do with BBC Sport Scotland.

Like I said in reply I had made a mistake when typing. Got it into my head it was the BBC sport scotland website I had  been on, meant to delete scotland but didnt.

Is that answer satisfactory officer.

Bill McAllister has passed away, so I read. Sad news - he reported on the Highland League for many years on Sportsound as well as writing for the Courier and books on Highland league football. His son played for Caledonian and a couple of years for Caley Thistle as well.

28 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Bill McAllister has passed away, so I read. Sad news - he reported on the Highland League for many years on Sportsound as well as writing for the Courier and books on Highland league football. His son played for Caledonian and a couple of years for Caley Thistle as well.

Press and Journal, not The Courier. Sad news he's no longer around. 

On 20/04/2023 at 12:25, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Hearty recommendation for Fitba North here too. Ignore the BBC (although they have marginally improved this season with better scoreline accuracy, and the elimination of all those "Abandoned" matches! 😆 )

They are already showing the "The Spartans v Brechin" match next Saturday as Postponed. 

3 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

Calchnacuddin representing Scotland wide, seen a random Clach mini bus in Dunfermline this morning

I have been meaning to comment on this for a while as I see it every day on my way to work. It kicks around the Duloch area of Dunfermline and Rosyth. Obviously been sold on but never repainted. Does anyone Clach related have a theory

41 minutes ago, WestHibee said:

I have been meaning to comment on this for a while as I see it every day on my way to work. It kicks around the Duloch area of Dunfermline and Rosyth. Obviously been sold on but never repainted. Does anyone Clach related have a theory

exactly where I seen it, coming out at the roundabout at nationwide

2 hours ago, WestHibee said:

Probably an old one, sold or nicked. Nowadays Clach borrow minibuses for their various teams from Orion, our major sponsor, and the first team use a hired coach.

Aye, right, the P&J's taking the word of the fucking Daily Mail now?

Member clubs of the SFA will now be asked to vote on the plans drawn up by the Pyramid Working Group at the governing body’s AGM.

With broad support already in place from the four senior leagues and the Lowland and Highland Leagues, a poll of the 100 member clubs of the SFA requires a simple 51 per cent majority for the new league to come into being.

While the B teams can’t be promoted, four Lowland League sides and two from the Highland League will compete for the right to face Club 42 of the SPFL in a two-legged promotion play-off.

So a six club playoff to get the right to a playoff against club 42, instead of a 2 club one as it is now, and this after somehow getting from a Highland League demoted to tier 6, back to a Conference of B-teams occupying tier 5? Aye, I'm sure all the clubs will be voting for that.:lol:

Edited by welshbairn

19 hours ago, CALDERON said:

On the theme of out of place Highland League vehicles, there's a Buckie Thistle mini bus that sits in a car park just down from my house.

Until about 5 or so years ago it used to be constantly accompanied by two others owned by Keith and Turra.  Quite classy with the respective club badge emblazoned over them.  No idea where they live now.