2022–23 Highland League Chat

RossBFaeDundee

On 17/04/2023 at 07:22, FairWeatherFan said:

None.

Loch Ness have won the NCL and aren't licensed.

There's no licensed teams in the North Region. With no surprise licenses on the horizon.

The couple of licensed teams in the Midlands are out of the title race. With no surprise licenses on the horizon.

It seems the SFA have put a pause on new license applications anyway, there are one or two North Region grounds that wouldn't be far away from getting one. This might be old news, first I'd heard of it.

image.thumb.png.815cdda4fe5f7a615f238b86c0c01b84.png

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

What an end to the season this is.....,phenomenal stuff from Buckie and Brechin. 

Last day winner takes all clash at the Vic !!!

If Brechin don't lose tomorrow night of course........................................

Only kidding they'll score at least 4.

45 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Just an incredible league. 

How this hasn't gained more attention in footballing circles baffles me. 

Agree hedge C,was at your home game last midweek vs Fraserburgh. 

Fantastic crowd of 1000 and a fantastic performance from your team under the lights against last seasons champions !!

All this negativity about Tier 5 regarding the LL and rightly so but not enough positivity is being aimed at the Highland League and the fight at the top for the title. 

Edited by Dav nan Gael

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The HL is clearly a better league than the LL.  With or without the LL having B teams in it.

It currently is a far superior product scarf 👍

I stay in the central belt and often travel up to watch Deveronvale and the odd HL games with other HL fans from down here.

They like me,can't get enough of it.

Its a great league and well seen those that stay around me in Central Scotland on this forum aren't on here praising it !!

They'd rather piss and moan about the state of the LL !!

4 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

I stay in the central belt and often travel up to watch Deveronvale and the odd HL games with other HL fans from down here.

Its a great league and well seen those that stay around me in Central Scotland on this forum aren't on here praising it !!

They'd rather piss and moan about the state of the LL !!

To be fair there is more than plenty to moan about were that league is concerned.

I live in Galloway so trips to the HL aren't really practical. But probably like others around the country keep up to date with all the league's above the Maginot Line. 

Can't your management committee go south and bang the LLland idiot's heeds the gither to knock a bit of sense into them.

Long live non league football.

I fucking love the Highland League. The title chases of the past two seasons have been engrossing, it is undoubtedly a far superior league to the Lowland League.

Can't see Brechin slipping up tonight. It's a shame I'm busy on Saturday, I'd have considered heading over to Buckie to take in the showdown.

40 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

To be fair there is more than plenty to moan about were that league is concerned.

I live in Galloway so trips to the HL aren't really practical. But probably like others around the country keep up to date with all the league's above the Maginot Line. 

Can't your management committee go south and bang the LLland idiot's heeds the gither to knock a bit of sense into them.

Long live non league football.

ICT already tried to get there B team in and were told get tae .... !!

Albeit they then loaned most of them onto Fort for a season........

We're probably getting a pass from the SFA as we're not interesting the old firm due to geography.......

But aye its a great league and will only get better when some Midland teams come in and 1 or 2 from the North Region and NCL when licensed. 

May mean Vale get relegated but thems the breaks in a pyramid.........

4 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Agreed.

In a way, it's strange situation where we find ourselves desperate to get back to playing at New Bayview, Cliftonhill etc twice a season rather than far more entertaining away days in the HL. I'll be consistently reminding myself of that should Buckie (or heaven forbid Keith) win 😒.

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Agreed.

In a way, it's strange situation where we find ourselves desperate to get back to playing at New Bayview, Cliftonhill etc twice a season rather than far more entertaining away days in the HL. I'll be consistently reminding myself of that should Buckie (or heaven forbid Keith) win 😒.

I'm always baffled by the way our 3rd and 4th tiers have remained as 10-team leagues for so long. Who actually wants that?

11 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Hopeless BBC reporting that Keith are 1-0 up at half time but it’s actually City that are winning.

I imagine Buckie fans would be wetting themselves seeing that.

Yeah glad I checked on Twitter. BBC Sport Scotland are a total joke.