Peterhead v Queens

41 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Which goal was from the direct free kick?

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
41 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Would have been the 3rd. Murray's second goal.

Yep, third goal.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

4th. Paton got the 3rd.

Said earlier I thought he should have saved it. It was wall side but it wasnt hit very hard and actually bounced inside the 6 yard box before it went in. Looked like he had plenty time to get over to it.

Thats said he otherwise did well. Hadnt a prayer with 1st and 3rd and whilst I wasnt in line with it presumably not the 2nd either. He made a great save from Reilly's header at 1-0 up and caught crosses securely all day.

peterhead have lost almost an entire first pick of players from last season , and it shows .. some good players at this level but as a team not anywhere near good enough . no threat up front . . hope they prove me wrong but right now i cant see any place but 9th ( or worse) being realistic ..Fair play to the Q.O.S fans who travelled ..summer is good  eh .

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

4th. Paton got the 3rd.

Said earlier I thought he should have saved it. It was wall side but it wasnt hit very hard and actually bounced inside the 6 yard box before it went in. Looked like he had plenty time to get over to it.

Thats said he otherwise did well. Hadnt a prayer with 1st and 3rd and whilst I wasnt in line with it presumably not the 2nd either. He made a great save from Reilly's header at 1-0 up and caught crosses securely all day.

Ah. I was heading out the gate when that one went in.........

In the lads defence , hes 19, playing behind the worst defence I can remember us having since we joined the SPFL.

And, hes saved us from a few hammerings in the handful of games hes played.

Edited by As Easterly as it gets!

6 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

In the lads defence , hes 19, playing behind the worst defence I can remember us having since we joined the SPFL.

Reckon he is already in for a clean sweep of awards this year -

Young player of the year

Player of the year

Player's player of the year

and probably Top goal scorer!

15 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

4-4-2. But I accept we played it 2nd half last week if thats what you were going to say. Maybe we just werent very good till we gave ourselves a shake. 

A number of attacking players played well including Murray with 2 goals and an assist but I thought Josh Todd was excellent exactly when we needed someone to be. He particularly with assistance from Wilson picked the levels up after that bad start. Man of the match for me. 

Thanks for the feedback SD.  Todd as MOM ties up with the Peterhead fan's @bluetoonscotty view as well.

Sounds as though Wilson will likely miss the Falkirk game which is a bit of a scunner.

1 hour ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

I think we are in for a few hammerings this season and will be cannon fodder for a few teams - I hope it doesn't dent his confidence. Things could change in the coming months and the board might decide that enough is enough, especially if fans vote with their feet.

31 minutes ago, Balmoor Boy said:

I think we are in for a few hammerings this season and will be cannon fodder for a few teams - I hope it doesn't dent his confidence. Things could change in the coming months and the board might decide that enough is enough, especially if fans vote with their feet.

I think I'm right in saying that McInally has found the recruitment market tough this pre-season.  When you combine that with losing a lot of key players from last season, along with what appears to be a very strong L1 this season with a good sprinkling of full time sides it does look like it could be a tough season ahead.  The January window could be key for Peterhead.  Best of luck though.

Do Peterhead no longer do highlights packages?  It looks like the BlueToonTV channel on Youtube is a covid casualty as it hasn't been updated since pre-lockdown days.

Wouldn't mind seeing the goals, sounds like there were a couple of real belters amongst them.

5 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Do Peterhead no longer do highlights packages?  It looks like the BlueToonTV channel on Youtube is a covid casualty as it hasn't been updated since pre-lockdown days.

Wouldn't mind seeing the goals, sounds like there were a couple of real belters amongst them.

There was no camera at the game. Neither team's camera people were able to be there.

On 20/08/2022 at 22:55, 19QOS19 said:
On 20/08/2022 at 22:41, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Murray's second goal was scored in the sixth minute of injury time so was the fourth. Paton got Queens third.

Why isn't there an official attendance for this match? Do Peterhead not provide attendance figures now?

EDIT: Sorry I've just seen the 595 figure listed by @strichenerabove

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Murray's second goal was scored in the sixth minute of injury time so was the fourth. Paton got Queens third.

Why isn't there an official attendance for this match? Do Peterhead not provide attendance figures now?

EDIT: Sorry I've just seen the 595 figure listed by @strichenerabove

I'm not sure it was 595 but it was in that ballpark.  I tend not to pay too much attention to the "official" attendance and rather judge with my own eyes.  Saturday was a poorly attended game.

10 hours ago, strichener said:

I'm not sure it was 595 but it was in that ballpark.  I tend not to pay too much attention to the "official" attendance and rather judge with my own eyes.  Saturday was a poorly attended game.

I thought I heard 579, but again far from certain.

14 hours ago, strichener said:

I wasn't sure, it was only my seventh time at Balmoor and two of those were friendlies against Aberdeen (including the 0-4 when Bobby Mann struck an Exocet 🤨) and the attendance was skewed above 1000s.

I've seen a couple of low 500s previously, Albion Rovers in 2016 (5-1) and an opening game fixute against Stenny in 2015 (2-2) and finally a couple with bigger travelling supports, against Falkirk (886) and Bohemian Dublin (713).

It would've been surprising though if Queens had taken up much more than they did given the distance.

I haven't seen Peterhead away yet but I'll aim to do that this season. Do they have a regular travelling support?

It's a pity after twenty years of league football that the Blue Toon just can't seem to rally round the club in greater numbers. I suppose there are greater numbers moving up from Aberdeen nowadays as you're getting more bang for your buck property-wise in Peterhead than you are in Aberdeen.

With regards the current team, I was surprised at how small some of the Peterhead team looked in comparison to Queens. I think it might be a long season for Peterhead.

It's difficult to judge Queens based on the opposition. Possibly the fourth place in the play-offs and then take their chances.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

3 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I wasn't sure, it was only my seventh time at Balmoor and two of those were friendlies against Aberdeen (including the 0-4 when Bobby Mann struck an Exocet 🤨) and the attendance was skewed above 1000s.

I've seen a couple of low 500s previously, Albion Rovers in 2016 (5-1) and an opening game fixute against Stenny in 2015 (2-2) and finally a couple with bigger travelling supports, against Falkirk (886) and Bohemian Dublin (713).

It would've been surprising though if Queens had taken up much more than they did given the distance.

I haven't seen Peterhead away yet but I'll aim to do that this season. Do they have a regular travelling support?

It's a pity after twenty years of league football that the Blue Toon just can't seem to rally round the club in greater numbers. I suppose there are greater numbers moving up from Aberdeen nowadays as you're getting more bang for your buck property-wise in Peterhead than you are in Aberdeen.

With regards the current team, I was surprised at how small some of the Peterhead team looked in comparison to Queens. I think it might be a long season for Peterhead.

It's difficult to judge Queens based on the opposition. Possibly the fourth place in the play-offs and then take their chances.

There are too many weegies and **** in Peterhead.

On 22/08/2022 at 22:58, strichener said:

Probably better off counting the crowd than watching Peterhead this season to be fair.

On 22/08/2022 at 02:01, Skyline Drifter said:

There was no camera at the game. Neither team's camera people were able to be there.

Just watched the goals on the SPFL lower league round up. Game up around 9:30 minutes in.