Peterhead v Queens

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Hopefully it's the Clyde game in reverse. 

Well played. 

Hopefully this is a result that kick starts our league campaign. When was the last time we won a game from behind? Feels like ages. 

Hopefully it's the Clyde game in reverse. 

Called it.

Much more like it. Great to get a few goals and hopefully build from here. A big positive, as frustrating as it is to go behind, we've taken 4 points from losing positions in the last two games - did we get as many as that in a whole season after going behind under AJ?

Hopefully Wilson was tired rather than injured. Great to see McGrory feature though. It's a start.

22 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
23 hours ago, JK_Queens said:
We certainly have a fair few centre halfs, but we don’t have any natural wing backs. Quitongo excepted maybe. 

I agree with the comments about Connelly coming straight back in. Does feel harsh if it’s McKechnie that misses out though, thought he had a really good second half last week. 

I'd drop Murray in a heartbeat tbh. But that was a MotM performance from his last week apparently, so clearly I don't see what everyone else does.

Hiya 

2 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Well played. 

When was the last time we won a game from behind? Feels like ages. 

Yes, very well played. Quite the turnaround!

I couldn't tell you but it certainly does feel like a long time.

7 minutes ago, bluetoonscotty said:

Decent first 10 or so minutes from us then just completely fell out of the game. We were shocking second half especially, don’t even think we managed a shot. We are in big trouble.

I'm sure its painful at the moment but was it a case of Peterhead being woeful or Queens being "decent", or a bit of both?

46 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

All aboard the promotion bus……. 

41 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

We're 7th (aka 4th bottom) ... aye?

Well I'm getting some early practice in just in case. 

"Championees, Championees oh-way, oh-way, oh-way. 

Was a serious question - given there's precious little feedback on-line from the game today.  Figured that [mention=73617]bluetoonscotty[/mention] might have been at the game ...
It's a legitimate question. It's great to get a few goals but the reality is Peterhead will be 9th at best this season so I won't be getting carried away with a win against them. It sets us up nicely for a big game next week though and a win breeds confidence. Hopefully it was more to do with how we played though rather than Peterhead being that bad.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:
Was a serious question - given there's precious little feedback on-line from the game today.  Figured that [mention=73617]bluetoonscotty[/mention] might have been at the game ...

It's a legitimate question. It's great to get a few goals but the reality is Peterhead will be 9th at best this season so I won't be getting carried away with a win against them. It sets us up nicely for a big game next week though and a win breeds confidence. Hopefully it was more to do with how we played though rather than Peterhead being that bad.

A fine 4-1 win away from home and Queens still can’t please certain people….. 

On 16/08/2022 at 14:50, DoonhamerDon said:

This game is far too close to being a must win for us than it should be at this early stage of the season. As I said a few weeks ago we need to show that Clyde at home was an aberration.

Glass Half Full
A flat back four, with more players back up to full fitness and 90 minutes like the second half last week will lead to a solid win this weekend. After decent draws with Mo and Airdrie that gets us heading in the right direction (if not necessarily fully on track)

Glass Half Empty
Fail to win and it piles more pressure on getting results from Falkirk (A), Dunfermline (H) the next two after this 😬  and leaves us heading to Kelty mid-September still winless and probably bottom of the league!

Excellent win 👍 Glass half full and heading in the right direction. Hopefully gets some confidence back into the squad.