Peterhead v Queens

I agree with going with a back four. However, the problem is that, to me, our signing policy looks to be based on a back five; loads of centre backs in our squad. And the only good right back we have isn't picking himself!

37 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

I agree with going with a back four. However, the problem is that, to me, our signing policy looks to be based on a back five; loads of centre backs in our squad. And the only good right back we have isn't picking himself!

We certainly have a fair few centre halfs, but we don’t have any natural wing backs. Quitongo excepted maybe. 

I agree with the comments about Connelly coming straight back in. Does feel harsh if it’s McKechnie that misses out though, thought he had a really good second half last week. 

We certainly have a fair few centre halfs, but we don’t have any natural wing backs. Quitongo excepted maybe. 

I agree with the comments about Connelly coming straight back in. Does feel harsh if it’s McKechnie that misses out though, thought he had a really good second half last week. 
I'd drop Murray in a heartbeat tbh. But that was a MotM performance from his last week apparently, so clearly I don't see what everyone else does.

Thought Murray (along with East and Todd when he came on) was one of few to get pass marks in the first half last week. He wasn't fantastic, lacking a good final ball as ever and not tracking as well as you might want ... but he was at least showing for the ball in that half and trying to carry it forwards - he wasn't hiding. McKechnie blew him away in the second half when he came on though.

Thought Murray (along with East and Todd when he came on) was one of few to get pass marks in the first half last week. He wasn't fantastic, lacking a good final ball as ever and not tracking as well as you might want ... but he was at least showing for the ball in that half and trying to carry it forwards - he wasn't hiding. McKechnie blew him away in the second half when he came on though.

By biggest frustration with Murray is his lack of carrying it forward. He seems to want to shield the ball and then look for a pass - not a terrible idea but it would be good to see him occasionally try and take a man on. His lack of going for the ball but instead waiting for it to come to him resulted in Airdrie breaking away twice last week.

As I said at the time, I didn't think he was particularly terrible but I honestly can't believe it was regarded as a MoM performance.

Not sure if Connolly deserves to come straight back into the team after his stupidity. After last week I'd like to see McKechnie make a start rather than coming off the bench
I was fizzing with his antics but he has to start for me. Keeping him on the bench is effectively cutting our nose to spite our face. He's our best attacking player IMO and we're not in a position to be leaving our best players out.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

By biggest frustration with Murray is his lack of carrying it forward. He seems to want to shield the ball and then look for a pass - not a terrible idea but it would be good to see him occasionally try and take a man on. His lack of going for the ball but instead waiting for it to come to him resulted in Airdrie breaking away twice last week.

As I said at the time, I didn't think he was particularly terrible but I honestly can't believe it was regarded as a MoM performance.

Completely agree. I like Murray, and he's got a good bit of talent, but for me he lacks grit and too often drifts out of games. You don't see him getting stuck-in very often, and as he's no heavyweight he gets pushed around too often.  Needs to up his game really, but hopefully the coaching staff are working on that with him.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, queenslad said:
Not sure if Connolly deserves to come straight back into the team after his stupidity. After last week I'd like to see McKechnie make a start rather than coming off the bench

I was fizzing with his antics but he has to start for me. Keeping him on the bench is effectively cutting our nose to spite our face. He's our best attacking player IMO and we're not in a position to be leaving our best players out.

He’ll start on the bench tomorrow. 

Back to a back 4 with McKenna RB, Paul McKay and Morrison centre backs and East at LB by the looks of things.

I hope we aren't shooting ourselves in the foot leaving Connelly on the bench.  I'm amazed to see McGrory on the bench too - I thought he wasn't expected back for another 2-3 weeks.

I guess the fountain of fact, the BBC, is the only way of keeping up to date this afternoon unless someone at the game can help us out on here.

1478CBAC-5131-4B66-93E7-6F136F400E71.thumb.png.854c12b8760b8dcb9d2fe31ed0a316c7.png
Cheers. Hopefully BBC are as unreliable as ever and it's indeed a back 4. That they have McKenna at LWB makes me think they are indeed clueless and it's a 4. Great to see McGrory on the bench and if we aren't ahead by HT get Connelly on. No position to be leaving our best players out to make a point.

Can't see any Live Updates for this game on the OS, anyone know if it's being done or am I not looking in the right place. 
Back to a back 4 with McKenna RB, Paul McKay and Morrison centre backs and East at LB by the looks of things.
I hope we aren't shooting ourselves in the foot leaving Connelly on the bench.  I'm amazed to see McGrory on the bench too - I thought he wasn't expected back for another 2-3 weeks.
I guess the fountain of fact, the BBC, is the only way of keeping up to date this afternoon unless someone at the game can help us out on here.

Can't help in regards to actual updates but if you're wanting a goal update ASAP then get Bet365 fired up.