County vs Killie, 20/08/22

After a couple of encouraging but ultimately fruitless performances against two of the top teams, followed by a dismal showing against one of the more beatable teams in the league, we really need to take something out of this to avoid too much negative momentum and battered confidence. That's a rut we don't want to be in. Bare minimum a point required tomorrow to avoid that. Get all 3 and I think the first 3 games fade into relative insignificance.

51 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Was a strange one. I thought he was the only one with pass marks last week in the first half so was surprised to see him come off.

I've been told it was tactical and that he's fit to play this weekend, I'd start him against killie.

I think we'll probably see White up front with Dhanda behind today.

I've liked the look of Jordi but he's had very little to feed off, he could also be a good shout in the "10" role, as his workrate seems good.

Personally I’d go with this:

Laidlaw
Johnson - Baldwin - Iacovitti - Purrington
Callachan - Cancola
Olaigbe - Dhanda - Owura
Hiwula

I think the back 4 and Laidlaw is probably set in stone for today. Tillson will probably be quite frustrated should he not start given last weeks showing in midfield but I believe Callachan and Cancola compliment each other well and are generally our best midfielders. That attacking 3 would cause any team in the league problems on the break. Owura and Olaigbe are both far better when cutting inside on their favoured foot so hopefully they start in that fashion. As for Hiwula, I think the introduction of Dhanda would suit him down to the ground as it would halt us being so direct. There’s nothing wrong with being direct but I don’t think winning aerial battles against Ash Taylor suits him at all. If Dhanda starts, I’d like to see Hiwula keep his place in the side. That being said, thought White did brilliantly last week when he came on and if we are chasing the game he offers a whole different dynamic from the bench if we do need to that bit more direct. That team up there is strong and also leaves us with Sims to come off the bench so it’s a quality side - just hope the boys can get the points that some of their play has deserved this season.