Celtic v Rangers Saturday September 3rd

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Jinky clearly on edge today. Celtic in a fixture that may not be over by half time must be difficult. 

You see it on Twitter in the lead up to an Old Firm.  It's all memes and #banter! for 34 league games of the season for Celtic and Rangers fans, the day before and of a derby the tone change is wild.

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No i just don’t find being called a bigot, jokingly or not in the least bit amusing especially as there is no grounds for it. Quite happy to have the piss ripped out of me about most things but that shit can’t get to f**k.

You’re being silly about this. 

Just now, TheScarf said:

You see it on Twitter in the lead up to an Old Firm.  It's all memes and #banter! for 34 league games of the season for Celtic and Rangers fans, the day before and of a derby the tone change is wild.

Distinct lack of ‘could be a tough game today’ theatre?

2 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

"Old Firm" vs "Glasgow Derby"

Supporters of the wee teams in Scotland now know exactly what to call it when trolling debating each set of fans.

Tbf to the **** most of their fans were absolutely mortified by the ‘the is the old firm’ stuff at the last match Ibrox set up by their board, absolutely horrific.

Just now, GordonD said:

BTW if you're wondering where the game is being played, here's the BBC's helpful guide:

Screenshot 2022-09-03 115000.jpg

Tbf given the amount of tricklers and union jacks on display it's not always clear that this game (which, I can't state more forcefully, I shan't be watching) is being played in Scotland.

40 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No i just don’t find being called a bigot, jokingly or not in the least bit amusing especially as there is no grounds for it. Quite happy to have the piss ripped out of me about most things but that shit can’t get to f**k.

No one likes being called a bigot. It isn't nice. Many years ago I decided that a really good way to avoid such abuse was to stop supporting one of the two clubs in Scotland that pander to bigotry as a business model. Works a treat. I can be called roaster, idiot, throbber, dumpling , etc etc but never bigot. Why not give it a try ?

This is clearly Ange's strongest 11, only Jenz, Maeda and Turnbull had a genuine chance of getting the nod. The signing of Haksabanovic has pushed McCarthy from being stripped on the bench to wearing the club suit and tie in the stand.  Thought he might take a loan during the window but can only assume he didn't get an offer local or attractive enough.

Gonna be one space less when Abidlgaard is up to speed.

Bookies have us, quite rightly, as odds on favourites and I don't think Rangers will be able to live with our pace.  A late goal will seal a 3-0 home win.