The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

We all knew that Truss was useless years before being made Prime Minister as some kind of bet (presumably), but folk are being far too nice in believing she's nuts. She's a chancer who was too talentless to take advantage of her good fortune and has decided to follow the bottom-feeding right-wing grift that we've become familiar with in recent years.

Her actual politics are probably still closer to the stuff she was coming out with before she realised she was never getting near power as a Lib Dem but, as with all of them, the top priority is personal enrichment.

I agree with most of what you say. But I do still think she's nuts.

11 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I agree with most of what you say. But I do still think she's nuts.

Doesn't get enough credit for being a #topshagger IMO.

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

b*****d should be in prison. 

Not gonna argue, but you'll need evidence to convict me, chief.

39 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Not gonna argue, but you'll need evidence to convict me, chief.

Lol! But yes, i honestly feel Truss’ actions should be viewed as misconduct in public office through sheer incompetence. If a doctor fucked up as much they’d be struck off, if a policeman did it they’d be imprisoned, why is there no accountability for politicians?

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Lol! But yes, i honestly feel Truss’ actions should be viewed as misconduct in public office through sheer incompetence. If a doctor fucked up as much they’d be struck off, if a policeman did it they’d be imprisoned, why is there no accountability for politicians?

Would be nice, but we'd need a general election to replace them all if suddenly politicians started being prosecuted for misconduct and incompetence.

Really enjoyed you slipping in the bit about coppers being held accountable, though  :P

Different Craig Brown I think.

There are a million crazy things about this Truss renaissance but one thing that shines through in that tweet is the massive naïveté about how the world and government works. Governments have constraints on their actions - whether that’s the financial markets, vested interests, the civil service, international allies. You have to balance off what you want to achieve with what the competing forces you, and all governments, are subject to.

On the right they have taken this reality and a section has gone paranoia infused crazy. Conspiracies at every corner, the expectation that governments get into power and do whatever they want because “the will of the people”. Much of this is due to Brexit but the general bitterness, rancour and polarisation of the modern age is also a big part of it. It’s primarily the right affected by this, certainly in the UK and US, but I don’t think the left or anyone else is entirely free of it.

13 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I think she has confused an oven with a hob.

#pizzathursday is the real victim no matter what the specific kitchen apparatus was. 

Even though she is guilty of crashing the economy and being a repulsive rancid ghoul of a person with barely any redeemable qualities it's nice to see that just like you and me she likes pizza. 

"Former Prime Minister of Great Britain"

I guess we've realised that the book's not going to be a seller outside of America, then.

20 hours ago, BFTD said:

We all knew that Truss was useless years before being made Prime Minister as some kind of bet (presumably), but folk are being far too nice in believing she's nuts. She's a chancer who was too talentless to take advantage of her good fortune and has decided to follow the bottom-feeding right-wing grift that we've become familiar with in recent years.

Her actual politics are probably still closer to the stuff she was coming out with before she realised she was never getting near power as a Lib Dem but, as with all of them, the top priority is personal enrichment.

I agree. I also think she's looking for validation, she's a national joke in the UK, so she's jumped across the Atlantic to speak to the nutters there and has had to spout even more ridiculous nonsense for bigger rounds of applause.