The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

• 1 month later...

Liz Truss: should Catholics be happy with the UK's new Prime Minister? - Catholic Herald

As for Truss’s own position on religion, she has said: “I share the values of the Christian faith and the Church of England, but I’m not a regular practising religious person.” 

But she knows that it pays to keep on the (Christian) right side of her American audience.

Fucking charlatan.

Tweeting about hot cross buns to curry favour with the Moral Majority seems like a Lizzie move, considering Americans don't know what they are.

Also, I love the "I share Christian values" line that's trotted out when right-wingers are caught not giving a shit about religion. You'd think the Jews, Muslims, Buddhists et al are all eating babies* and molesting ducks or something.

* yes, I know

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Liz Truss: should Catholics be happy with the UK's new Prime Minister? - Catholic Herald

But she knows that it pays to keep on the (Christian) right side of her American audience.

Fucking charlatan.

Wonder if she'll do a Trump (matron!) and bring out her own version of the Bible? She could go a bit further than him... Obviously she'd add the lyrics for "Jerusalem" and possibly the Coronation Oath too and maybe include some colouring in pages for Boris and Jonathan Gullis.  In an effort to modernise the text, she could change references to the "poor" to "the scroungers".

10 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Wonder if she'll do a Trump (matron!) and bring out her own version of the Bible? She could go a bit further than him... Obviously she'd add the lyrics for "Jerusalem" and possibly the Coronation Oath too and maybe include some colouring in pages for Boris and Jonathan Gullis.  In an effort to modernise the text, she could change references to the "poor" to "the scroungers".

Matthew 21:14 - "Then the blind and the lame came to Him in the Jobcentre, and He sanctioned their rations for being too lazy to travel for work."

• 3 weeks later...

Totally batshit mental now or seeing where the grifting cash has deeper pockets judging by here round of interviews 

Wants to abolish the Un the supreme Court the human rights charter and everything else 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Totally batshit mental now or seeing where the grifting cash has deeper pockets judging by here round of interviews 

Wants to abolish the Un the supreme Court the human rights charter and everything else 

If I was a betting man I’d say CPAC-monied oot her nut with bonuses for how far and wide she can spread their shite. 

15 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If I was a betting man I’d say CPAC-monied oot her nut with bonuses for how far and wide she can spread their shite. 

Doubt they would give money to the most pro Ukraine Western foreign minister of recent times.

I don’t make light of mental health issues but having read various extracts from her book I’m wondering if she has a problem.  She comes across as totally delusional; everything bad that happened during her short, disastrous period as PM was someone else’s fault.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t make light of mental health issues but having read various extracts from her book I’m wondering if she has a problem.  She comes across as totally delusional; everything bad that happened during her short, disastrous period as PM was someone else’s fault.

At the very least she's being massively badly advised.

I'm utterly fascinated by how delusional she appears. Not sure I can think of an equivalent politician to have had the failure she has experienced, then doubled down. 

The most mental thing of all is that a not insignificant percentage of Tory MPs think this grifting charlatan’s biggest mistake is resigning rather than seeing it through and that her policies would have worked if given the time.

When Labour inevitably win the general election the next Tory leader election will be between an “all taxation is theft” type Truss-adjacent candidate, and a “Leave the ECHR, hang the paedos, sink the boats” type Braverman-adjacent candidate. And I reckon the Truss supporter will win. 

21 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I think she is on a massive amount of prescription drugs. A complete moon unit.

Don't want to be seen to appear to backing her up over her clusterfuck of a time as PM but it is actually correct that she was not responsible for people's increase in mortgages.  The mortgage rates were increasing before she took office and after she left office.  Unless we are claiming that developed world interest rates are based on the decisions of the British PM then we can dismiss this notion.

Pensions are an entirely different matter and one that can be laid bare at the door of her and her chancellor.

Edited by strichener

8 minutes ago, strichener said:

Don't want to be seen to appear to backing her up over her clusterfuck of a time as PM but it is actually correct that she was not responsible for people's increase in mortgages.  The mortgage rates were increasing before she took office and after she left office.  Unless we are claiming that developed world interest rates are based on the decisions of the British PM then we can dismiss this notion.

Pensions are an entirely different matter and one that can be laid bare at the door of her and her chancellor.

The issue with the Bond market (where the BoE had to intervene re pensions) caused mayhem in the UK Gilts market - in isolation that could be explained away, but there are knock on impacts for anyone remortgaging.

Gilt Yields are used to determine the cost of Fixed Rate Mortgages, and because of their actions anyone remortgaging was struggling - because not only did rates go up, many providers pulled rates entirely because of the uncertainty.

While its true to say that worldwide interest rates were rising, her and Kwarteng were pretty much responsible for average UK 2 and 5 year Fixed Rates jumping almost 2% in a month.

15 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

The issue with the Bond market (where the BoE had to intervene re pensions) caused mayhem in the UK Gilts market - in isolation that could be explained away, but there are knock on impacts for anyone remortgaging.

Gilt Yields are used to determine the cost of Fixed Rate Mortgages, and because of their actions anyone remortgaging was struggling - because not only did rates go up, many providers pulled rates entirely because of the uncertainty.

While its true to say that worldwide interest rates were rising, her and Kwarteng were pretty much responsible for average UK 2 and 5 year Fixed Rates jumping almost 2% in a month.

The average UK mortgage for a 5 year fix increased by 1.06% in the quarter before she became PM.  In the quarter after it increased by 1.09%. https://www.statista.com/statistics/386301/uk-average-mortgage-interest-rates/

The overnight 2% increase was actually over 6 months.

The issue also affected a small number of people since it only affected those coming out of a fix that wanted another fix.  People that were in the middle of their fix or on a variable rate saw no substantial increase as a result.

Edited by strichener