Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

What a time to be out of greenies - damn!

This “she was the only constant” line that’s being trotted out continually - it doesn’t make sense. Don’t most people have “constants” in their lives - folk who are always there, until their deaths? And was her sailing through her life in obscene wealth even in times of horrific hardship ever a good thing?

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

He's famously thick as f**k isn't he? Look forward to his first gaffe, although i suspect he'll have a team of advisors pulling their hair our every day to prevent that from happening.

By all accounts, absurdly thick but with an absolute confidence in his own expertise on all matters. His wranglers will have their work cut out.

27 minutes ago, Antlion said:

What a time to be out of greenies - damn!

This “she was the only constant” line that’s being trotted out continually - it doesn’t make sense. Don’t most people have “constants” in their lives - folk who are always there, until their deaths? And was her sailing through her life in obscene wealth even in times of horrific hardship ever a good thing?

Oh f**k knows - like I said I’m reading through Twitter whilst listening to the bbc radio and the mixed vibes are incredible. I can’t take my eyes and ears off it for a minute.

BBC radio are basically treating its listeners like they are all suffering deep trauma today and it’s a day like no other. I remember listening to Greg James the day after the Manchester arena attacks and he did a good job at trying to help the nation (particularly very young people) come to terms with it all and he was like that again this morning.

Edited by throbber

Tbf, I get the impression that it's difficult for most Scots to appreciate how much more seriously the English take this sort of sh*te due to social conditioning of the highest order.  I happened to be in York during the most recent jubilee celebrations, and amongst many other examples of crazy sh*t, I saw a guy plastering his house with newspaper cuttings of the royals.  Truly tragic that grown men can be driven to such madness, but just highlights how effective / powerful a brainwashing tool this was to control people and their sentiments.

Getting the train through England saw bunting left, right and centre through every town we passed, yet I didn't see a single flag or bit of bunting when passing through Aberdeen on my final leg home.  Seems that even the royalists up here* aren't as mental as their southern counterparts.

*couldn't help but laugh at an earlier BBC piece trying to tell us that the residents of Ballater "knew" the Queen, as if the occasional view or briefest of chats count.  Much like me "knowing" the shopkeeper I had a brief chat with in Huntly's Costcutter last week.  Complete and utter drivel, yet they've somehow convinced themselves that it's true.  

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The BBC really need to get this lady on to give some balance to the coverage.

image.thumb.png.a4e81a6ae4faade451123750c66045e3.png

That woman was a professor of some sort. Her and Trevor Sinclair have been the naughtiest so far but I’m sure the worst is still to come. 

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Tbf, I get the impression that it's difficult for most Scots to appreciate how much more seriously the English take this sort of sh*te due to social conditioning of the highest order.  I happened to be in York during the most recent jubilee celebrations, and amongst many other examples of crazy sh*t, I saw a guy plastering his house with newspaper cuttings of the royals.  Truly tragic that grown men can be driven to such madness, but just highlights how effective / powerful a brainwashing tool this was to control people and their sentiments.

Getting the train through England saw bunting left, right and centre through every town we passed, yet I didn't see a single flag or bit of bunting when passing through Aberdeen on my final leg home.  Seems that even the royalists up here* aren't as mental as their southern counterparts.

*couldn't help but laugh at an earlier BBC piece trying to tell us that the residents of Ballater "knew" the Queen, as if the occasional view or briefest of chats count.  Much like me "knowing" the shopkeeper I had a brief chat with in Huntly's Costcutter last week.  Complete and utter drivel, yet they've somehow convinced themselves that it's true.  

Yes. It's fucking mental. English black people seem to have some perspective though. 

1 hour ago, Fratelli said:

He's famously thick as f**k isn't he? Look forward to his first gaffe, although i suspect he'll have a team of advisors pulling their hair our every day to prevent that from happening.

"Let's go over this one last time Your Majesty:  If a Qatari billionaire offers you Fortnum and Mason bags absolutely stuffed with cash, then you say... ???"