Utd v Motherwell

I think the issue is that the angle that was on the P&B twitter feed is pretty damning regardless of the other angles that admittedly don't look as bad (unless there is some technicality that they can only use footage that was available to the Ref/VAR at the time).

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I think the issue is that the angle that was on the P&B twitter feed is pretty damning regardless of the other angles that admittedly don't look as bad (unless there is some technicality that they can only use footage that was available to the Ref/VAR at the time).

Assuming they have the footage they say they have, it surely can't be the clip you have referred to, so the appeal will only see the footage United want them to see (as well as the existing VAR footage). So do they trawl social media looking for other views? Do the good people of Pie and Bovril need to submit it as the case for the prosecution?

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Did Tony Watt have a camera in amongst his studs?

With his level of vanity he's probably got a personal 'player-cam' following him for 90mins in every game. He'll show footage from that to the panel and try to bribe them wi one of his wee sorare football trading thingies or a game on Twitch, the fucking man-child. Take your ban and f**k up, chubs.

Shows how drab the match was that the major (only?) talking point is the use of VAR and Tony Watt's ordering off.

Where did P&B get the footage damning Watt, in many eyes, is it from one of the six cameras officially utilised for VAR, or somewhere else? Where did United get the footage clearing Watt, same question about the six?

Were there even six cameras present? There are supposed to be, but I'm unsure if all the top league grounds have them in place.

But my main question concerns the loud announcement along the lines of 'VAR check: possible red card': who makes that, because it didn't sound like the usual stadium announcer?

53 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

With his level of vanity he's probably got a personal 'player-cam' following him for 90mins in every game.

And then the submission is in the style of Tony Watts Film Review

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Where did P&B get the footage damning Watt, in many eyes, is it from one of the six cameras officially utilised for VAR, or somewhere else? Where did United get the footage clearing Watt, same question about the six?

I was wondering that too. My totally unsubstantiated guess was that it was Motherwell footage (as I assume every club videos games for analysis, etc). Div was giving Goss some stick on Twitter and I assumed that someone from Motherwell was reacting to that.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I was wondering that too. My totally unsubstantiated guess was that it was Motherwell footage (as I assume every club videos games for analysis, etc). Div was giving Goss some stick on Twitter and I assumed that someone from Motherwell was reacting to that.

1m10s proves my theory. I wonder if they're sending it in to the SFA as we speak ;)