The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

4 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

If they appeal to the Supreme Court and lose, they'll simply overrule it.

Braverman might be on slightly firmer legal ground in any appeal to the Supreme Court if, according to a report on SKY I found, she hadn't said to MPs when introducing the Bill -

"that there is a more than 50% chance" that provisions in the new law "may not be compatible".  (With the 1998 UK Human Rights Act - as under that Act "All legislation in the UK must be compatible with the rights guaranteed under the European Convention on Human Rights.)

Sky link - https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/is-the-governments-new-illegal-migration-bill-legal-12827857

Interesting times.

A coherent argument can of course be made that she kens fine she's on a loser but is looking for ammo for the braying mob sitting behind her to advance the case to amend or even repeal the 1998 Act.  A Tory government unfettered by the courts.... that should give us all nightmares.

I see Sunak is in the media accusing Australia of breaking the spirit of cricket with a controversial dismissal at Lord's.

Well, ya wee shite, I accuse you and your government of breaking the spirit of humanity and decency with every passing day, so you and your lot can f**k right off.

3 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

I see Sunak is in the media accusing Australia of breaking the spirit of cricket with a controversial dismissal at Lord's.

Well, ya wee shite, I accuse you and your government of breaking the spirit of humanity and decency with every passing day, so you and your lot can f**k right off.

Yes indeed.  And the flip side of it is the classic Tory tactic of deflection, being deployed here by Stokes and several others.  In essence it amounts to had Bairstow remained England would have won, never a given with Mitchell Starc in form, not forgetting their abysmal batting collapse contributing hugely to the defeat.

The England cricket team - the Conservative Party at the crease.

It is interesting to hear the Deputy PM today express such strong views on the right of people to determine their own future. During PMQs today, Dowden said that the UK Government would stand up for Scotland's right to determine its own future. No doubt the PM would wholeheartedly agree.

Except of course that it wasn't about Scotland at all. He was talking about Gibraltar. Fine for Gibraltar, but Scotland? Nah, not so much.

There is not a boot big enough to kick these grumblin' grunts.

• 1 month later...