150th Anniversary Heritage Match - Scotland vs England

jagfox

• jagfox changed the title to 150th Anniversary Heritage Match - Scotland vs England
Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m a bit confused by the email as it says this is part of a 5 match package. Are the 5 matches all friendlies or is it being included with NL or Euro qualifiers?

5 match package is the England friendly and the 4 qualifiers. 

Echo the lack of excitement about it being a Tuesday night and a friendly.  It'll still be an occasion, but it's hard to get up for a match like this now that every Scotland game pretty much means something with the Nations League.  

Could be an interesting time once we get around to it - if England slip up slightly against Ukraine, their qualifying group could look a bit worrying.  And by that time we'll have brought home the head of Erling Haaland to display above Hampden and have already cuffed Spain in our own wee midden.

We need to play friendlies on the dates we don't have qualifiers due to being in a 5 team group and the  date we have empty for a friendly is midweek so there's not much the SFA can do about 1) playing a friendly and 2) it being on a Tuesday.  England is one of the better options they could have picked in order for it not to be completely shite, especially when options are limited by the fact most other nations are playing qualifiers on or around this date.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

This is a great idea from Scotland and England. For me, the Scotland v England games are the most important matches in football. Nothing beats a Scotland v England game. It was the first ever international match. Scotland v England is superb. 

I am not a Celtic or Rangers supporter.  

I think for most non-Old Firm fans, the most important game in football is Scotland v England. 

21 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

They should be wearing retro style shirts and long shorts. I might watch it if they do that. I assume this will be on Channel 4?

I think it will be aye, both Channel 4 and "Viaplay", given that it'll be part of the UEFA centralised rights deals for both countries.

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

They should be wearing retro style shirts and long shorts. I might watch it if they do that. I assume this will be on Channel 4?

Those old flat caps they used to wear as well.

No offside rule, no passback rule, goalies don't wear gloves, anything short of outright assault goes.

No subs.