Ben Doak

Gordopolis

It’ll be interesting to see what happens if Doak stops making the team when the likes of Diaz comes back. Going back to the U21s would surely feel like a backwards step for him won’t it? He’d surely feel disappointed. I wonder how Klopp will manage that?

17 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

It’ll be interesting to see what happens if Doak stops making the team when the likes of Diaz comes back. Going back to the U21s would surely feel like a backwards step for him won’t it? He’d surely feel disappointed. I wonder how Klopp will manage that?

He got 45 minutes for the u21s a couple of weeks ago so it's not out of the question. Ramsay popped up in that game too but got sent off. 

48 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Obviously in a very literal sense it would be a backwards step but he’s only been on the very fringes of the first team for a month or two. I don’t see why playing in the under 21s again would be a huge issue.

6 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

It’s more about the extremes people gravitate to on here. We will more than likely go on to be a full international in time.

there are some on here who are determined to trash all our young players at every opportunity and others who go on to try and counter that pointless negativity by talking up 2 decent touches in a cup game to ballon d’or winning material 

its childish 

Will we? Christ I've just turned 43, ill he honest i think my chance is gone.

Tbh that sounds exactly the kind of stuff you get on every teams thread. Over rating and under rating of players depending on perspective.

People say all the players are pish to try and get a bite, sometimes its funny. And people have mentioned him winning the ballon d'or as a joke. Do you think those posts are serious 🤣 Lighten up a bit ffs

Wouldn’t be bad news to see both Doak and Ramsay getting a loan move, it seems unlikely they’ll see much first-team action between now and the end of the season. Doak in particular would benefit from playing regularly at basically any level in England. Always feel young players are much better served by playing first-team minutes. 

Doak has just turned 17, hardly anyone is playing regular senior football at that age at any professional level. Even if he doesn't kick another first team ball for Liverpool for the rest of the season he's still way ahead of the curve for most players his age. Would be surprised if he was allowed out on loan. A spell with the u21's would be just fine for him. 

On 29/01/2023 at 14:44, Paco said:

Wouldn’t be bad news to see both Doak and Ramsay getting a loan move, it seems unlikely they’ll see much first-team action between now and the end of the season. Doak in particular would benefit from playing regularly at basically any level in England. Always feel young players are much better served by playing first-team minutes. 

Might Doak and Ramsay would return Scottish Premiership club

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2023 at 19:34, accies1874 said:

Doak's been injured, btw, and Ramsay's apparently picked up a long-term injury. I think I read that Doak will be back soon, though, so should be fine for the u21s. 

Yes Ramsay has had some pretty serious looking knee surgery. Maybe make pre-season? Doak back with a bang on Saturday for the U21s. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...