Ben Doak

Gordopolis

I caught his 15 minute cameo and he was the best player on the park in that period. Still room to improve on his final ball, use of weaker foot and decision making (and plenty of other areas I’m sure) but I can’t imagine there’s too many 17 year olds around that can continually make such an impact in a short space of time in a match. Buy me a ticket on the hype train 🚂 

He's got the strength to bounce off opponents like they're not there and his pace and speed of turn is incredible.

If he can improve on his final ball (which he obviously will given his age) he could be genuinely world class.

It's obviously not too early to say that he's an excellent prospect, but we just need to wait and see if he's able to overcome the much noted weaknesses in his game. Billy Gilmour was excellent as a player, not just as a prospect, and it's hardly been "straight to the top" for him. 

Even if Doak turns out to be the Scottish Adama Traore then he'd probably still be the best forward we've produced this century, but if he actually puts it all together in the final third then he could be something special. 

18 hours ago, accies1874 said:

It's obviously not too early to say that he's an excellent prospect, but we just need to wait and see if he's able to overcome the much noted weaknesses in his game. Billy Gilmour was excellent as a player, not just as a prospect, and it's hardly been "straight to the top" for him. 

Even if Doak turns out to be the Scottish Adama Traore then he'd probably still be the best forward we've produced this century, but if he actually puts it all together in the final third then he could be something special. 

Think its a bit early to say "the much noted weaknesses in his game"🤣 Hes 17 and we've hardly seen him.

If he didn't look like he was able to cross pass or shoot effectively. I doubt he would be anywhere near the Liverpool team like he is.

1 hour ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Think its a bit early to say "the much noted weaknesses in his game"🤣 Hes 17 and we've hardly seen him.

If he didn't look like he was able to cross pass or shoot effectively. I doubt he would be anywhere near the Liverpool team like he is.

Quite.

The clips I've seen of him playing for the Scotland youth teams were very promising on the 'final ball' element. Obviously its a step up, but its not like he's really weak there.

It'd take any player time playing alongside the like of Darwin Nunez to know exactly where he wants the ball, let alone a kid.

Edited by ArabFC