Playoff Picture

lichtie23

Lions currently 5-7 and are a couple of games back.  4-1 in the last five games though and the only loss was to Bills by a point.

Remaining games - Vikings, @ Jets, @ Panthers, Bears and @ Green Bay.  If Detroit go 4-1 in those games, the number 7 seed is a possibility. 

Bills can clinch a playoff spot with a win over Miami on Saturday, there are a few teams that can get to 11 wins (3 of them also in the AFC East!) but they can't all get there due to playing each other.

Think Chiefs and Vikings also win and in this week.

In the NFC the Eagles clinched a playoff spot and moved 2 games clear of the Vikings in the race for the first round bye. The Commanders jump into the playoffs as the 6th seed with the Giants dropping to 7 and the Seahawks dropping out all together. The Lions are now only 1.5 games out of the playoffs. The Panthers and Falcons are 1 game behind the Buccs in the NFC South

1 - Eagles *

2- Vikings

3- 49ers

4- Buccaneers

5- Cowboys

6- Commanders

7- Giants

In the AFC the only change seen the Patriots taking the 7th seed with the Jets dropping out. The Pats, Jets & Chargers are all 7-6. The Titans have lost 3 on the spin but still have a 2 game lead in the division over the Jags

1- Bills

2- Chiefs

3- Ravens

4- Titans

5- Bengals

6- Dolphins

7- Patriots 

Will be interesting to see how the 49ers play it over the final three games. Plenty of players banged up who could do with a rest. Can't see the Eagles slipping up too badly, but it's close for second seed with the Vikings. They should beat the Colts tomorrow to clinch the division and move a win ahead of the 49ers. They then have the Giants at home, Packers away and Bears away to finish, all games that I expect them to win, so even if the 49ers were to win out the rest of the season then they still end up as 3rd seed. The best the NFC South can do is the Buccs who can potentially get to 10 wins, so the 49ers almost certainly have 3rd spot tied up. I would certainly expect a lot of players to be used very sparingly for the last 3 games, Josh Johnson might even get to start one or two.

Edit: afaik the 49ers can't fall below 3rd as they hold the tie breaker over the Buccs.

Edited by peasy23

13 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Will be interesting to see how the 49ers play it over the final three games. Plenty of players banged up who could do with a rest. Can't see the Eagles slipping up too badly, but it's close for second seed with the Vikings. They should beat the Colts tomorrow to clinch the division and move a win ahead of the 49ers. They then have the Giants at home, Packers away and Bears away to finish, all games that I expect them to win, so even if the 49ers were to win out the rest of the season then they still end up as 3rd seed. The best the NFC South can do is the Buccs who can potentially get to 10 wins, so the 49ers almost certainly have 3rd spot tied up. I would certainly expect a lot of players to be used very sparingly for the last 3 games, Josh Johnson might even get to start one or two.

Edit: afaik the 49ers can't fall below 3rd as they hold the tie breaker over the Buccs.

Valid point. I suppose it'll depend on the Vikings result this evening. Ultimately, we don't particularly want to play in Minnesota in the playoffs in the middle of winter if we can possibly help it (not that it was a big deal last season against the Packers ;)). I would imagine we'll start the remaining games at full strength and try to put the games to bed in the first half, rotating heavily in the second half.