Thistle v Ayr United 17/12/22

That last bit about relegation playoffs is a bit alarmist. Surely we can scrape 8 or 9 points from our next 18 games. 

Pity the most arrogant, entitled posters in our league (apart maybe from Dundee) have something to crow about at last. Might even save Judas McCall's skin.

Terrific game. Ayr scored two worldies but offered little else. Thought we played really well and with big Holty back on the bench we are beginning to get all our important players back, just at the right time!! 5 points behind Ayr and plenty to play for in 2023 but that can be said for 4/5 other sides as well.

That game has done nothing to dispel the idea that Ayr’s team is Dipo Akinyemi and 10 other c***s.

Chalmers goal was a mishit cross.

We were by far the better side, and should’ve won by more. Fitzpatrick had his best game in a long time, possibly his best since returning to the club. 

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That game has done nothing to dispel the idea that Ayr’s team is Dipo Akinyemi and 10 other c***s.

Chalmers goal was a mishit cross.

We were by far the better side, and should’ve won by more. Fitzpatrick had his best game in a long time, possibly his best since returning to the club. 

Akinyemi didn’t actually offer anything tbh and given in the last game we scored 4 goals without him playing well I’m not entirely sure where that idea has come from. 

15 minutes ago, jm86 said:

That last bit about relegation playoffs is a bit alarmist. Surely we can scrape 8 or 9 points from our next 18 games. 

Pity the most arrogant, entitled posters in our league (apart maybe from Dundee) have something to crow about at last. Might even save Judas McCall's skin.

Arrogant entitled? Think your confusing us with some other support.  Vast majority of our support admit we have been atrocious last couple of months 

19 minutes ago, jm86 said:

giphy (5).gif

Decided to head along to this one after our game was called off. Really entertaining game that Thistle should probably have won by more. Nice bit of edge to it as well. Thought the Chalmers goal looked an absolutely worldy. 

No point in trying to work out this league or predict it. In the games I’ve seen the teams, we’ve pumped Thistle, Ayr have pumped us and Thistle probably should have pumped Ayr. 

1 minute ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Have the Ayr fans and players dried their eyes yet?

Moaned at every decision like wee whiny girls.

Beat team won. Onwards and upwards.

Usual sexism from a supposed family club supporter. 

Reported to Police Scotland. 

After 2 games against all the teams now, we've beaten everyone except QP and Cove and lost to everyone except Cove, Arbroath and Hamilton. That sort of league.

Was good to see Fitzpatrick back to something approaching good, he had their RB on toast, but I'm starting to lose hope Tiffoney will be anything close to playable for the rest of the season so we need another option on the wing- I still think we need a destroyer in midfield as well, I really liked MacKinnon in his first few games but he's been muck since about mid-September, wouldn't be averse to sending him back.

I thought Chalmers goal was excellent, don't think it was a cross at all. Ayr must be doing something right as they haven't really impressed me in either game vs us this season but have scored 6 times in those games.

Well then. Today was the day our makeshift defence was actually found out. All over the place at the back. We desperately need Kirk and Musonda back.

No idea what to do with the full backs, Reading was awful defensively again and Ecrepont was rinsed about 6 times. 

Dipo was quiet by his usual standards, scored a cracker of a goal but. As did Chalmers. I hope Dempsey isn't out injured, hobbled off after catching a really nasty one.

Ref lost control of the game I thought, especially 2nd half. We didn't deserve anything out of that game so fair play jags, enjoy your night. You weegie b*****ds.

Edited by AuAl

No way was Chalmers' goal a mishit cross. Fantastic finish. 

I was pleased to see he wasn't starting and was worried when I saw him on for the second half. 

The first Ayr goal was a cracker too but why on earth did we show Akinyemi inside? 

That said, that was a deserved win and a thoroughly entertaining game of football. 

Milne outstanding and Fitzpatrick excellent which isn't something we've said too much recently. 

Hopefully this helps get our season back on track 

8 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

After 2 games against all the teams now, we've beaten everyone except QP and Cove and lost to everyone except Cove, Arbroath and Hamilton. That sort of league.

Was good to see Fitzpatrick back to something approaching good, he had their RB on toast, but I'm starting to lose hope Tiffoney will be anything close to playable for the rest of the season so we need another option on the wing- I still think we need a destroyer in midfield as well, I really liked MacKinnon in his first few games but he's been muck since about mid-September, wouldn't be averse to sending him back.

I thought Chalmers goal was excellent, don't think it was a cross at all. Ayr must be doing something right as they haven't really impressed me in either game vs us this season but have scored 6 times in those games.

We have been poor in both of those games, but at the same time I don’t think we are a side that particularly impresses as we don’t control games whatsoever -which is obviously unexpected for a side top of the league. We are hard to work out as a side at times, but so far it has been very effective. 

Our back four today was of a league one standard though.