The Traitors (includes spoilers)

MSU

That was brilliant. I couldn't see any way Wilf didn't win that so fair play to Kieran. Wilf's greed did him out of 50K. If he had sided with Kieran they would have won together. Convince Hannah it was Meryl, vote her out. Then convince her it's Aaron and vote him out and of course those two would have then voted Hannah out at the end. He got greedy and it cost him. I've absolutely no sympathy that Kieran stuck him in. Remember this is the guy who turned on all 3 of the other traitors. 

In his defence I think he looked genuinely relieved when he was outed and was happy for the other 3 to win. I think he was a nice bloke tbh. 

Buzzing for Aaron as well. Was hounded early on, so did really well getting there. I think he too seems like a lovely guy and will give the money to his mum like he said. As for Meryl, she shouldn't have been given the money on principle. Absolute thicko who didn't realise what the f**k was going on throughout. 

Great show. Roll on S2. 

Wilf definitely brought it on himself. He was instrumental in forcing out his previous fellow two traitors which probably led to the whole recruit another traitor scenario. If he’d been approaching the final with a fellow traitor he’d worked with all the way through, trusted and who was used to being a traitor then he’d have had more of a chance. 

Even when forced to work with Kieran he could have worked with him and had a better attempt to get to the end as 19QOs correctly says. He’d only have needed to convince Hannah to trust him on Meryl and Aaron and he’d have been there. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

As for Meryl, she shouldn't have been given the money on principle. Absolute thicko who didn't realise what the f**k was going on throughout. 

Meryl would've voted for Claudia if someone had suggested it to her.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

. Absolute thicko who didn't realise what the f**k was going on throughout. 

Also her in the money-raising challenge a couple of days ago with picking the way thru the lasers.

Meryl when challenge was unveiled - *jumps about* "yes, if ever a challenge was designed for me!"

Next up - Meryl.

2 seconds later - "Bzzzp, contestant eliminated"

Absolute talent vacuum.

22 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

Meryl with arguably the most undeserved £30k win in TV history there

14 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

This. Absolutely fucking clueless to the end. When Hannah and Aaron were in bits after Kieran’s parting gift, she was punching the air saying ‘we got the traitor’  Maddy in that final would have been far more deserving. 

6 hours ago, MSU said:

Meryl would've voted for Claudia if someone had suggested it to her.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

:lol: Very true though! 

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Also her in the money-raising challenge a couple of days ago with picking the way thru the lasers. Meryl when challenge was unveiled - *jumps about* "yes, if ever a challenge was designed for me!"

Next up - Meryl. 2 seconds later - "Bzzzp, contestant eliminated"

Absolute talent vacuum.

She's just quit work... to pursue career in TV presenting 😬...

Just the fucking usual in this country. We get a decent show and the first thing they need to do is get these talentless fuckwits on it to keep them in a job. Joe Swash an absolute NAP as the c**t is running out of shows he hasn't appeared on. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just the fucking usual in this country. We get a decent show and the first thing they need to do is get these talentless fuckwits on it to keep them in a job. Joe Swash an absolute NAP as the c**t is running out of shows he hasn't appeared on. 

'Celeb' Traitors would be watchable if the overnight murders were literal.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

'Celeb' Traitors would be watchable if the overnight murders were literal.

I watch Taskmaster and absolutely love it and that's effectively celebs. Other than Judy Lowe and Iain Stirling I've never had anyone make the show unwatchable for me. But you just know this will be the same irritating fucks that show up on all these "Celeb" versions. I'm not sure the usual trope would have the brains to not give away they are Traitors either tbh. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m on episode two of the US version - the whole series is on the iPlayer.

Alan Cumming is ok but he’s not a patch on Claudia.

It’s no shock that the Americans can’t spell for shit. Must have seen about 7 different spellings of Geraldine and not one of them right.

The reality stars amongst them aren’t quite as annoying as I thought they might be. Still a long way to go, though.

Edited by The Naitch

Just finished the UK series, Keiran played an absolute blinder at the end gutted he never got any cash. Wilf was a greedy c**t from the start. Absolutely delighted Aaron won comes across as a genuinely nice guy. The other two winners annoyed me throughout but as long as Wilf got nothing I'm happy.

Hope they do a reunion sit down type episode and they can all tear each other to shreds.

Binged the whole US series in a couple of days. I'm not a fan of Alan Cumming, and I don't know if he's always spoken like this, but his over the top accent was really grinding my tits for the first few episodes, but it became less of a complaint as the show went on.

The missions, always the least interesting part of each episode, are a straight lift from the UK version, so became even more tedious on second viewing, but overall I enjoyed it more than I thought I would with reality "stars" making up half of the contestants. There was only one I recognized, so it was like they were just overly confident regular punters anyway.

What I particularly enjoyed about it was how the last few episodes played out. So far, the UK, the Aussie, and now the US endgames have all had their differences which makes me think there'll be enough variety to keep the show going for a few seasons before it gets dull. As usual, and for the moment, I'm cheering on the Traitors but absolutely love it when one of them gets caught, which I think is why the format works so well for me.

Just finished episode 7. It's not quite at the level of the UK version but really enjoying it all the same.

Alan has settled into his role and is becoming a wee bit more natural. The faithful still don't have a fucking clue what's going on and, despite concerns, having reality stars involved hasn't really had a negative impact at all.

Gives me a bit more confidence of a UK celeb version going well if they get the casting right.

8 hours ago, The Naitch said:

I’m on episode two of the US version - the whole series is on the iPlayer.

Alan Cumming is ok but he’s not a patch on Claudia.

It’s no shock that the Americans can’t spell for shit. Must have seen about 7 different spellings of Geraldine and not one of them right.

The reality stars amongst them aren’t quite as annoying as I thought they might be. Still a long way to go, though.

Would have been hypocritical of Geraldine to complain though given she voted for Michelle in episode 2.

Finished it today. Think it helped that I only knew the swimmer so watching the show all the reality stars blended in. 

Think a UK celebrity version would be a tough battle between our Z-list celebs having the acting skills to be traitors v the rest of them having the intelligence to figure them out. No doubt skill watch it though.

I'm half way through the US one and my main gripe is that it doesn't seem to be edited to anywhere near the same standard but it probably suits the American audience better. There hasn't been so many twists and turns (so far), for example

the elimination of the two contestants on day one or the secret relationship

. The 'celebrity' aspect is alright but then I don't know who any of them are anyway.