The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Ok, there have been loads of racist and sexist jokes over the years, and this one no doubt was meant to be ironic, but if he told the joke today he'd be absolutely hammered.

Have to disagree with you. The fact that part of the interview keeps getting repeated without a disclaimer suggests you're wrong. It wasn't offensive in any way IMO.

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Have to disagree with you. The fact that part of the interview keeps getting repeated without a disclaimer suggests you're wrong. It wasn't offensive in any way IMO.

I agree I don't understand it. It's not sexist, it could be spun the other way easily enough a woman murdering her husband. We've all got arse cracks for parking the bike in. It was also broadcast on Radio Scotland drivetime yesterday in full and they're not one for playing anything dodgy, even with a disclaimer.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I agree I don't understand it. It's not sexist, it could be spun the other way easily enough a woman murdering her husband. We've all got arse cracks for parking the bike in. It was also broadcast on Radio Scotland drivetime yesterday in full and they're not one for playing anything dodgy, even with a disclaimer.

The adjective "sick" has me wondering if we're getting our wires crossed. Are you referring to the bum crack joke @welshbairn?

27 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The adjective "sick" has me wondering if we're getting our wires crossed. Are you referring to the bum crack joke @welshbairn?

Maybe I'm an oversensitive soul but I don't think you'd get away with a casual joke about a guy murdering his wife and leaving her half buried with her arse in the air, especially after high profile cases like Sarah Everards. Reminds me of the Tom Jones song Delilah, I doubt that would get made nowadays either. 

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe I'm an oversensitive soul but I don't think you'd get away with a casual joke about a guy murdering his wife and leaving her half buried with her arse in the air, especially after high profile cases like Sarah Everards. Reminds me of the Tom Jones song Delilah, I doubt that would get made nowadays either. 

image.png.d2c2a99dc702b22dd695b74e8cab0c03.png

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

^^

Hasn't seen Frankie Boyle.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

image.png.ab9b8da47031bf8a6323df58fc283c7f.png

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Reminds me of the Tom Jones song Delilah, I doubt that would get made nowadays either.

The Welsh Rugby Union have decided that it will no longer be played before matches. The fans have replied that they'll keep singing it anyway.

We’re in the Dead Pool thread?

Where black humoured individuals set their skills to compete against each other about who might die this year?

And when they do die, it elicits high fives all round and bad punnery thereafter? 

But we’re agonising over a very good (but poor taste? Shirley not) joke that Billy Connolly told 40+ years ago and propelled him en route to global fame? 

IMG_6783.gif