The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

19 hours ago, Aim Here said:

It already feels like a blockbuster ending to some of us.

I've been sitting on the most fragile Dead Pool lead you can get since December 8th, and waiting to see if *any* pool picks (other than the ten survivors in my pool) cark it and deprive me of my lead (if just one person dies between now and Jan 1st, then out of the surviving 617 contenders, 516 of them land psv_killie with a win. Miguel has 11 chances of a one-hit win and I have 10).

What's annoying is we're in the stages where it's getting increasingly likely that I might win. I estimate that the probabilities have crept up from 2% on December 8th to about 40-45% right now. The tension is racking up, and every new post in this thread twitches my blood pressure up by half a notch.

If someone IS going to die before the bells, could they please get it over with quickly and save me the stress.

We are all aware of this rule

• You are not allowed to kill any of your entrants yourself. If a P&B user is found to be responsible for the death of any of their entrants, they will be disqualified from this year's Dead Pool, and all past and future Dead Pools.

Does it need to be updated to include any entrant not just the ones you have picked? I'm not saying I'm going to kill anyone else's entrants (honest) but it could be suggested that there is a slight incentive some might say motive.

To ensure I don't get accused of any participation in the demise of any mentioned name in the 2023 deadpool list I'll be making sure I have a firm alibi until the end of the year. I'll also be making sure I don't kill anyone.

39 minutes ago, psv_killie said:

We are all aware of this rule

• You are not allowed to kill any of your entrants yourself. If a P&B user is found to be responsible for the death of any of their entrants, they will be disqualified from this year's Dead Pool, and all past and future Dead Pools.

Does it need to be updated to include any entrant not just the ones you have picked? I'm not saying I'm going to kill anyone else's entrants (honest) but it could be suggested that there is a slight incentive some might say motive.

To ensure I don't get accused of any participation in the demise of any mentioned name in the 2023 deadpool list I'll be making sure I have a firm alibi until the end of the year. I'll also be making sure I don't kill anyone.

I'd have led with that mate.

On 27/12/2023 at 18:53, Aim Here said:

It already feels like a blockbuster ending to some of us.

I've been sitting on the most fragile Dead Pool lead you can get since December 8th, and waiting to see if *any* pool picks (other than the ten survivors in my pool) cark it and deprive me of my lead (if just one person dies between now and Jan 1st, then out of the surviving 617 contenders, 516 of them land psv_killie with a win. Miguel has 11 chances of a one-hit win and I have 10).

What's annoying is we're in the stages where it's getting increasingly likely that I might win. I estimate that the probabilities have crept up from 2% on December 8th to about 40-45% right now. The tension is racking up, and every new post in this thread twitches my blood pressure up by half a notch

If someone IS going to die before the bells, could they please get it over with quickly and save me the stress.

Big news for @Aim Here

This @ might have given you heart palpitations, but just found about about Bill Roach

Spoiler

3 days to go chief. Best of luck!

giphy.gif

I reckon as an actor if you keep working it keeps you alive longer- for example Angela Lansbury, Leslie Philips, Bernard Cribbins all got into their 90s.  Once you end up in some home that's you. 

On an unrelated topic is Clint still making films.. :whistle

38 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I reckon as an actor if you keep working it keeps you alive longer- for example Angela Lansbury, Leslie Philips, Bernard Cribbins all got into their 90s.  Once you end up in some home that's you.

Doesn't always work though. Ed Asner was so busy up until he died of old age that they released twelve films and TV shows that he'd been working on afterwards. And Richard O' Sullivan has been retired since 1996 and living it up in a care home since 2003.

Edited by Aim Here

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

On an unrelated topic is Clint still making films.. :whistle

Gene Hackman is 93. 

His last film was 19 years ago.

19 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Jack McLean was named in the Leveson Inquiry as a contributing factor in the suicide of the brother of a murder victim after he had articles published that implied that she had it coming.

The evidence given at the Inquiry

media