The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Kirk Douglas was a long time troller of the dead pool, by the time he went he was worth about 5 points 

I had him the year he died in 2020, got 22 points along with 21 points for Olivia De Haviland

I finished 2nd that year but you're really looking for  some bonus points if you' pick 'low hanging fruit' 

From Matt McGlone on X:

Saddened to learn Jack McLean died this morning. Jack was a Legend and a Heraghty’s man. ‘A wee Goldie’ was his call sign for a nice Malt. I most probably wouldn’t have written my book ‘Emotionally Celtic’ had he not given me the belief and encouragement that I could do it 🙏🙏💚

The Subteranean Voltaire.

Edited by Bold Rover

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

It just feels like the calm before the storm here…surely we’ll get at least one more blockbuster contender before years end.

It already feels like a blockbuster ending to some of us.

I've been sitting on the most fragile Dead Pool lead you can get since December 8th, and waiting to see if *any* pool picks (other than the ten survivors in my pool) cark it and deprive me of my lead (if just one person dies between now and Jan 1st, then out of the surviving 617 contenders, 516 of them land psv_killie with a win. Miguel has 11 chances of a one-hit win and I have 10).

What's annoying is we're in the stages where it's getting increasingly likely that I might win. I estimate that the probabilities have crept up from 2% on December 8th to about 40-45% right now. The tension is racking up, and every new post in this thread twitches my blood pressure up by half a notch.

If someone IS going to die before the bells, could they please get it over with quickly and save me the stress.

27 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I've been sitting on the most fragile Dead Pool lead you can get since December 8th, and waiting to see if *any* pool picks (other than the ten survivors in my pool) cark it and deprive me of my lead (if just one person dies between now and Jan 1st, then out of the surviving 617 contenders, 516 of them land psv_killie with a win. Miguel has 11 chances of a one-hit win and I have 10).

What's annoying is we're in the stages where it's getting increasingly likely that I might win. I estimate that the probabilities have crept up from 2% on December 8th to about 40-45% right now. The tension is racking up, and every new post in this thread twitches my blood pressure up by half a notch.

If someone IS going to die before the bells, could they please get it over with quickly and save me the stress.

Joke's on you, if I get a win on Hogmanay I'm retiring on top and you're in charge.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Which means 80 other deaths that result in various chaos turfing you three out...nice. For the sake of entertainment, I'd take the most outlandish combination of three to five deaths scoring to catapult some also ran into the throne!

6 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

From Matt McGlone on X:

Saddened to learn Jack McLean died this morning. Jack was a Legend and a Heraghty’s man. ‘A wee Goldie’ was his call sign for a nice Malt. I most probably wouldn’t have written my book ‘Emotionally Celtic’ had he not given me the belief and encouragement that I could do it 🙏🙏💚

The Subteranean Voltaire.

I though he'd died years ago tbh. I once bumped into him at Meadowbank Stadium. He wasn't going to the football, he was off to cover the basketball. 

He fell down the steps of the Broomfield Main Stand once (probably refreshed) and wrote a column about how horrible Airdrie is. 

6 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Jack McLean was named in the Leveson Inquiry as a contributing factor in the suicide of the brother of a murder victim after he had articles published that implied that she had it coming.

He had fancy claes and wore a hat tho.