Aberdeen v 'Rangers' - Tues 20/12 - 8pm

25 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I'm actually furious with Goodwin with those subs at 65 mins. Has completely handed the ascendency to Rangers in a match we've mostly dominated. Now we're defending in our box hoping we don't get punished again like at the weekend 

How you feeling now?

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

7 mins stoppage time though, the officials aren't even subtle about it.

I don’t think anyone who watched the World Cup was surprised at the amount of injury time there was, I expect that to become the way of it from now on.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

And I didn’t disagree with you, but it was rather clear what you meant. Even until 10 minutes ago all you had said about the game was how bad Rangers were rather than give Aberdeen any credit.

Aberdeen played well. But, as I said pre-match, I'd have fancied any top-six side against Rangers tonight. They're dreadful.

Can't believe Aberdeen threw it away. Still think Celtic by 20 points. Rangers are going to lose games.

That is the ultimate smash and grab. I almost feel sorry for the sheep…

Nowhere near a performance deserving of 3 goals and 3 points. It is worrying we have had to claw back deficits twice in two successive games. It’s insanely entertaining when you’re on the right side of it but if we keep this up then soon we won’t be.

Aberdeen had us rattled to the point we couldn’t make a 10 yard pass without over or under hitting it. Credit to them they took the game to us and were worthy of their lead. Subs killed them.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

As much as I despise The Rangers, this post above (posted at the start of injury time) has to be considered quite funny. 

Latter part is still bang on though.

I'd hoped that my sage comment might be consigned to the dusty pages of a p&b archive but thanks to you my embarrassment is as real as it is confounded.

As contrite as I am, my shame isn't as it should be for others 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Sadly as a Saints fan i've seen this many times from Goodwin teams. He was a good manager for us, but his inability to get his side to see out wins was his biggest downfall.

We almost came to expect losing late goals - general routine of taking off your best players and most attacking threats, replacing with lesser more defensive players, hitting the ball anywhere and leaving no-one up to hit on the counter.

To be fair, when he was with us he used to do that against the likes of County and St Johnstone, so I suppose its progress if he's now just doing it against the old firm.

Having said that, the defending from Roos at the second goal and Stewart at the third were laughably bad.

Edited by Hendo

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Wait.

Could we potentially be the team who tips Goodwin over the edge on Saturday?

If we win on Saturday, then he's on borrowed time. His changes allowed Rangers back into the game but his players need to take a look at themselves too. The defence and goalkeeper had a hand in all of Rangers' goals.