Aberdeen v 'Rangers' - Tues 20/12 - 8pm

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Looked like lundstram had a kick at someone on the ground. 

He fell on top of the Aberdeen boy. Could've avoided it but it wasn't a kick. The Aberdeen player on the ground then seemed to flick his own hand into his face then rolled over.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

He fell on top of the Aberdeen boy. Could've avoided it but it wasn't a kick. The Aberdeen player on the ground then seemed to flick his own hand into his face then rolled over.

It looked like a sly wee kick when they were both lying on the ground. I say looked like, it wasn't at all clear and my low expectations of these uncivilised animals' conduct could have influenced my perception. 

5 hours ago, milhouse said:

5 hours ago, milhouse said:

Descriptions of Goodwin here sound exactly like Alan Archibald, who had no idea how to see a game out.

I'll see you and raise you ian murray.. 

Listened to some of the sportsound podcast from last night. Liam McLeod signed off his commentary with ‘the dons fans are booing, can only imagine that’s because of the length of the injury time’ 😂

Aye Liam, nothing to do with the completely avoidable but entirely unsurprising 90 second arse collapse. 

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Listened to some of the sportsound podcast from last night. Liam McLeod signed off his commentary with ‘the dons fans are booing, can only imagine that’s because of the length of the injury time’ 😂

Aye Liam, nothing to do with the completely avoidable but entirely unsurprising 90 second arse collapse. 

Heard it last night, probably the last thing I heard before switching off. Quite frankly by that stage that wasn't the biggest thing annoying me...

2 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

After the world cup, I'm thinking that with VAR stoppages, old-fashioned injury stops and up to TEN subs per game, maybe a football match should be shortened to 80 minutes official time. 

Theres a lot of people pushing for it to be changed to a 60 minute match, and the clock just gets stopped whenever the ball is out of play etc.

1 minute ago, Binos said:

Lets have 4 quarters of 15 mins

I read a book once, about 15 years ago, that predicted the future of football was a handful of "superclubs" based in major Western cities playing in a superleague, players were all 13-19yos who get pumped full of PEDs in school, and they play 4 15 minute quarters with every quarter filled with adverts. 

Can't remember its name at all, but it kind of feels inevitable now.

10 hours ago, AJF said:

The complaints regarding injury time seem odd considering the stoppages in the match. There were 8 substitutions across 3 stoppages, an Aberdeen goal and resulting celebrations, a rammy in the middle of the park that took a while to sort out, the relevant VAR checks and the treatment for Aberdeen players (their keeper feigning for non-existent contact being the main culprit).

No complaints about the amount of added time, not injury time, from me. Near the end of the ninety I said to the guy sitting next to me that it’s going to be at least 5 minutes added, so seven didn’t surprise me. Loads of subs, a few VAR delays, a few injuries, a bit of time wasting and the rammy beside the dugouts.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I heard that on the podcast today, how sick am I, and thought that that was a really weird thing to say.

6 hours ago, AJF said:

Maybe I'll rephrase then - feigning injury after minimal contact with the post.

Nobody is telling me he needed that length of treatment for what appeared to be very little. But, it ultimately worked in our favour, I suppose.

I sit in the back row of the front section of the RDS Lower, and I heard the clatter when he hit himself on the post. Certainly not minimal contact.