The race to administration.............

10 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Seems like too many clubs were relying on the blue pound last season.

If your clubs can hold on until next August we’ll probably be back.

The navy blue pound will be back next season not too worry.

17 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Anyone read this today in The Herald? Not sure how financial distress is measured as its a bit subjective, but if its right (and who really is surprised by this given the economy and issues clubs have faced over recent years), then the suggestion is that almost half the League are heading into money trouble.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business_hq/23206084.scottish-football-championship-showing-greatest-signs-distress/

I'd guess these are Caley, Morton, Arbroath & Hamilton?

Good news doesn't sell newspapers.

43 minutes ago, jagfox said:

The link on the Begbie side doesn't even link to the report which apparently was published in October. 

These "reports" are identical to the press releases that the 'journalists' are printing verbatim, there's no actual details in them.

B-T run a service that do credit scores for companies then release reports like these as a contrived marketing exercise. A broken pdf link seems appropriate for the lack of effort that goes into this.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Has any team that asked fans for feedback on earlier kick offs to avoid using floodlights to save money ever came out and said what the result of their consultation was?

Dundee have yet to check their spam e-mail folder...

I mean, reading that article, it could be all 10 clubs they are referring to as the one's that are 'secure' are largely only secure due to benefactors that plug the gaps.

There'll be one or two out with that perhaps.

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Has any team that asked fans for feedback on earlier kick offs to avoid using floodlights to save money ever came out and said what the result of their consultation was?

I seem to recall filling in something regarding this but never heard anything of it afterwards.

May not even have been an official club survey, in fairness - I can't find the email.

4 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

I seem to recall filling in something regarding this but never heard anything of it afterwards.

May not even have been an official club survey, in fairness - I can't find the email.

I believe it may have started, publocally, here:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/earlier-kick-off-times

Edited to add a non-responsive response:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/update-earlier-kick-offs-consultation

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I mean, reading that article, it could be all 10 clubs they are referring to as the one's that are 'secure' are largely only secure due to benefactors that plug the gaps.

There'll be one or two out with that perhaps.

As others have said Arbroath are currently minted. A very large sum in the bank. 

On 22/12/2022 at 00:23, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Has it been filled with hot air?

£400k isn't that hard to find for a club of our size 8)

We had to increase our playing budget by £150k this season when it became apparent just how many of Holt's donkeys would be in danger of making it in to the starting 11 otherwise.

Average crowds are 4,103 - up from 3,468 last season. Hospitality has generally been sold out. Sponsorship is up. We've also flogged some 10 year season tickets @ 5k a pop.

As others have said the black hole is on target to be filled. We're not exactly awash with cash but won't be flirting with administration any time soon.

It will probably take McGlynn a couple more transfer windows to sort out the mess left by the previous administration but we hope to bring you some navy blue pound at earliest convenience