Xmas 2022

btb

9 minutes ago, velo army said:

Working this year but genuinely looking forward to it. I'm a support worker and I'll be helping my guy make Christmas dinner. He's had an awful, awful life, but he loves cooking and is super keen to learn from me and it's just fun hanging out with him. He can struggle massively with anger, depression and suicidal ideation, but stick him in a kitchen and he just blossoms and opens up.

Can't fucking wait tbh.

I'm working this year too for the first time. I work in a care home (a bit different o your setting), but genuinely looking forward to celebrating Christmas with my wee residents. The team that are on with me are mainly on the "side" I work with and are all the best colleagues you could ask for. 

2 hours ago, superwell87 said:

I'm working this year too for the first time. I work in a care home (a bit different o your setting), but genuinely looking forward to celebrating Christmas with my wee residents. The team that are on with me are mainly on the "side" I work with and are all the best colleagues you could ask for. 

My wife was a chef manager in a care home and took great pride in cooking Christmas dinner for the residents,she told the management to go and f**k themselves when they moaned about her breaking the budget.It is their home they deserve decent food.

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

My wife was a chef manager in a care home and took great pride in cooking Christmas dinner for the residents,she told the management to go and f**k themselves when they moaned about her breaking the budget.It is their home they deserve decent food.

Our head chef's budget has been slashed massively recently , but he doesn't give a f**k at the moment and has spent a lot of money this week for the xmas parties (two different units, same home) and for lunch tomorrow. I'm fully aware the cost of some of the rooms are for a week and it's absurd. Everyone just wants the best for the residents.... after all, at the end of the day we are in THEIR home, and they do definitely deserve decent food.  

1 minute ago, superwell87 said:

Our head chef's budget has been slashed massively recently , but he doesn't give a f**k at the moment and has spent a lot of money this week for the xmas parties (two different units, same home) and for lunch tomorrow. I'm fully aware the cost of some of the rooms are for a week and it's absurd. Everyone just wants the best for the residents.... after all, at the end of the day we are in THEIR home, and they do definitely deserve decent food.  

My wife never cared about her budget,she said prisoners in Barlinnie got more spent on them than she had to spend.

7 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

My wife never cared about her budget,she said prisoners in Barlinnie got more spent on them than she had to spend.

I know what you mean. I was helping in the kitchen recently when the kitchen assistant/ kitchen porter was off. He had been on a course with other chefs/ assistants within the group of  homes we are in. Seems we have it rather easy compared to other homes. Until now. Our chef was bit easy with the budget n general until he was called into a meeting about it. Will probably try and stick to it after the festivities though which is a bit shite, but understandable. 

3 hours ago, superwell87 said:

I worked in a care home for 8 years and working Christmas was ace. Enjoy the hell out of it mate.

Went in town through the week and splashed out on my mates bairns for Christmas. They annoy the life out me at times but they've got hearts of gold (life hasn't battered the fun out them yet!). I can't wait to see them tomorrow night.

I wrote here that I drunk one of their bottles of prime and refilled them with water. I heard her getting her mum to wrap her mates' prime tonight. She'd done the same. :lol:💖

8 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Some Christmas. Just got Covid. 

Commiserations. Santa left me a chest infection this year, so I've been up all night as I can't breathe when I lie down  :(

The good news is that I'm on my tod this year, and I'd already decided not to bother cooking a Christmas dinner, which probably sounds a bit miserable but I'm fucking delighted with that right now. Also got two bottles of cider in the fridge, and have an excuse to stick the heating on. I've had worse Christmases.

Merry Christmas to all, and Hanukkah Sameach to God's chosen people come this final night of debauchery  ;)