Craig Gordon

What a shame. Falls into the fairly new and depressing bracket for me of players I have seen start and (potentially now for Craig) finish their careers. 

Certainly hasn't had his injury troubles to seek, but its testament to his character that after all the injuries and all the what could have been, he's still Scotlands number 1 and a consistently high performer in the Premiership. 

All the best to him for whatever his future holds, which is hopefully football related.

Although different injuries, another Scottish goalkeeping great nearing or over his 40s in Jim Leighton had an inauspicious end to his career being carried off the pitch with serious injury.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery and he isn't affected by this injury in his post-playing life. 

His 40th birthday is only in seven days time too...

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Genuinely nice to see so many well wishes for the guy, think that speaks volumes for him. Unfortunately there are arseholes all over social media without as much class, but hopefully he just uses that as motivation.

A lot of people, understandably, wondering if this is the end for him but I think he'll be ultra determined not to go out like that. Fingers crossed we get to see him play again.

1 minute ago, naegoodinthedark said:

I’m not going to seek out the picture, but really hope it’s not as bad as folk are hinting at. 

Exceptional goalie we hopefully see play loads more. 

It's brutal unfortunately.  I didn't want to see it, but some idiot posted it in a group chat as if folk want to see that.

I think thats his career over. Such a shame for a truely world class player.

We've genuinely had some horrific luck with injuries at Tannadice.  All I seen today was 2 players going 100 per cent for a challenge. Gordon has came off so much worse. I didn't see the game as dirty but we've came off worse. The shoe could easily have been on the other foot. Unfortunately for us, again, we came off worse. Can only wish him all the best.

I'm going out of my way not see Craig Gordon's injury, and wish him well in his recovery. Apart from medical advice, Craig Gordon is the only person who will know over the next few weeks if 

As others have said, best Scottish keeper in my lifetime. And one of the most handsome as well.

In my opinion, at nearly 40 uears of age he is/was still the most important player for the national team. Fantastic servant who would have blitzed the caps record if not for injury.

Focus now must be on ensuring his later life isnt impacted. If that allows him to make a comeback it'll be a bonus.

As a Hearts fan it's a blow, but this is about Craig Gordon the man, and how he must be devastated by this injury. All professional players run the risk of a career ending injury every time they step on the pitch. It's the nature of the game of course and it's sad that this may end Craig's career. 

Best goalkeeper I've seen in a Hearts jersey. Breathtaking saves became almost the norm and even expected. He has rightly been a national treasure and will be missed. 

Hearts will look after him. He's one of the family. He'll serve the club again in one capacity or another. Hopefully lots of kids will aspire to be Craig Gordon and a new talent will emerge. 

Meantime Craig, speedy recovery and thank you for so many wonderful moments watching my beloved team.

He was my favourite player growing up just as I started getting into football/going to Scotland games. The fact he managed to get another eight years and 20-odd Scotland caps (including getting to a major tournament) out of career when it seemed over is a great comeback story.