Craig Gordon

Was so close to being genuinely world class back in the day. Sunderland was never, ever going to be his last step on the ladder if not for some rancid luck.

I hope he can bounce back but the nature of the injury and time probably means that it's the end of the road for him. 

Tremendous goalie. One of the two best the country has ever produced.

Genuinely the best Scottish goalkeeper to emerge in my lifetime. He is a legend of Scottish football, and should be remembered as a great. I have always been a fan of his.

Absolutely gutted for him and was close to tears when I heard and saw what had happened to him today. I believed that he still had a lot to offer despite his advancing years. I hope he recovers well, but at this stage it's probably over now.

Thank you for the memories Craig Gordon, and thank you for what you have brought to the National Team and the various clubs you have played for over your long career.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Genuinely the best Scottish goalkeeper to emerge in my lifetime. He is a legend of Scottish football, and should be remembered as a great. I have always been a fan of his.

Absolutely gutted for him and was close to tears when I heard and saw what had happened to him today. I believed that he still had a lot to offer despite his advancing years. I hope he recovers well, but at this stage it's probably over now.

Thank you for the memories Craig Gordon, and thank you for what you have brought to the National Team and the various clubs you have played for over your long career.

I need to agree. Came across weirdos revelling in this, came across arseholes marking down comments for celebrating his ability.

So good and deserved so much more in his career.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Was so close to being genuinely world class back in the day. Sunderland was never, ever going to be his last step on the ladder if not for some rancid luck.

I hope he can bounce back but the nature of the injury and time probably means that it's the end of the road for him. 

Aye, what a player Alan Rough was.

What's he broken? Reports I'm seeing just say "serious injury".

3 minutes ago, stressball said:

I need to agree. Came across weirdos revelling in this, came across arseholes marking down comments for celebrating his ability.

So good and deserved so much more in his career.

If it wasn't for the rotten luck with injuries earlier in his career, I genuinely believe he could have played for some top European teams.

Amazing 'keeper. I'm quite squeamish nowadays, so I don't want to look, but I'm guessing it must have been a very serious injury.

As for 'handsome Craig', I remember all the lassies at work talked about how much they fancied him. He must have had some life, btw.

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Never forget 

48 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Never forget 

Unreal. That one and as much as I dislike the guy, David Seaman's save from a Paul Peschisolido (I think) header in the FA Cup semi final against Sheffield Utd are the two best saves I've ever seen. 

Edited by djchapsticks

If its the end, its a shite ending for the best Scottish goalkeeper in my lifetime.

First thoughts is that, at his age, his recovery should be more geared towards making sure his quality of life over the next 20+ years is acceptable rather than rushing him back to play again as quickly as possible.

Ideally he can have both though. Wish him the best.

I’ve made my feelings on the tackle itself clear in the match thread but that doesn’t impact on my affection for Craig Gordon as a man and certainly not as a goalkeeper. Wonderful talent, great servant to Hearts, Celtic and Scotland. With a little more luck with injuries I think people all over Europe if not the world would hold him in the same kind of regard we do in Scotland. 

52 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

His leg, photos in the other thread has it bent at a crazy angle.

Ooft, Jesus, it's one of them  :shutup

He's had horrific luck, and we all know he deserved a much more glamorous career than he ended up with - it's really not over-egging it to say that he could've been mentioned alongside Schmeichel or Buffon. He's obviously a determined guy so, if the desire's still there, hopefully he can heal, recover, and make a return at some level.

Other than the man himself and his family, the person most worried tonight must be Steve Clarke. We knew this was coming, but we've suddenly got a huge problem for the Euro qualifiers.

Can only echo the sentiments of everyone else. Absolutely outstanding goalkeeper and one of the best Scottish goalkeepers of all time. Hope he can recover from this. Be a shame for it all to end this way given how hard he worked to get back to such a high level after the last injury. Huge headache now for Steve Clarke.