Dunfermline v Falkirk

14 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

If it said 'precautionary pitch inspection' I might have had more hope. 

Yep. I feel like they’d have said something if they thought it might be on.

If the USH is broken, they had a couple days notice (previously mentioned it has to be on a couple of days before). So if they haven’t done anything to make it playable, it’s very poor from the club.

No games at all on BBC Scottish football site have been called off. Obvs don't no when inspections are planned, but maybe a good sign.

Its new year, so most games are local derbies, or at least not too far away today, so maybe inspections being kept back a bit as a result.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I thought the pars German owners had loads of Dosh. Surely a few days ush would be peanuts to them.

I think it’s more that it failed when turned on, hasn’t been used in some time as opposed to paying for it it to go on. Saying that, I think the club were always against using it unless worthwhile. If we were playing Peterhead today I think we’d all have accepted a call off.

18 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I’ve seen a photo of the pitch, looks better than I thought it might, groundsmen out on it. Looks a hell of a lot better than the one Morton just posted which has a 10:45 inspection.

Let’s see it then

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I thought the pars German owners had loads of Dosh. Surely a few days ush would be peanuts to them.

Our official site’s update says that the under soil heating system developed a fault in the boiler.

2 minutes ago, slapheidpar said:

Morton v Ayr off, despite pitch being under covers. Be surprised if Pars v Falkirk gets the nod.

Seems like an early call, must have been solid with no hope of a thaw, whereas the temperature is to be 4 degrees at kick off here 

18 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

To run the USH for a few days to make sure the pitch was okay, I doubt the club would’ve even made profit from the game. If it has to be rescheduled, then it’ll still be a huge crowd as it’s 2 teams going for the title

The game then being shifted to a midweek in February/March probably cost your club more when you take into account loss of hospitality and floodlight use.

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Our official site’s update says that the under soil heating system developed a fault in the boiler.

That old chestnut. Is there actually any undersoil heating in Scotland that works?Every time we get to this time of year clubs ush seem to be switched off completely or suddenly develop an issue.  You'd think these things would get serviced once a year at least.