United vs County

Pleased with that result. Some good football played but has to he said there was some awful moments of defending that desperately need addressed. We know from results earlier in the season better teams will take advantage of those mistakes so they need cut out. 

I've been a big fan of Edwards but he's been really not switched on this season so far, needs to be reading the game much better so his slower pace doesn't get him caught out. 

Mulgrew also with a couple of needless punts without looking straight at County players leading to an attack could have caused much bigger problems. 

Smith, Middleton and Fletcher were all excellent tonight. Was good to see Smith being much more positive. 

Pass marks for any County players? Despite losing three goals, Iacovitti didn't do much wrong. If I was his agent I'd be getting him signed on to a PCA next week. Harmon was mostly good enough. Not sure about anyone else, definitely not the midfield.

Dhanda chucked it at the end. Putting him on the left is a bit of a waste though and it reduces the chance of having a goal-scoring threat from elsewhere. Loturi wasn't at the pace of the game. Tillson's tireless anonymity is only good if the rest of the team can produce something. If Callachan isn't scoring like he did for Hamilton Accies then he doesn't bring enough to the table, but he's clearly a key member of the team.

Neither Tillson nor Callachan hit 55% of their passes to a team-mate; their counterparts Harkes and Sibbald made 93 and 81% successful passes respectively.

Edited by bunglebonce

Obviously pleased at the result, scoring of goals & winning the proverbial 6 pointer. Some nice bits of play BUT some absolute horrendous mistakes and casual play that we have witnessed time after time this season and we won't get away with against better teams.

Fox says on the radio."...Mulgrew brings calmness". He had me watching through my fingers tonight. Apart from the gaol I didn't think he had a great game. The defence has a whole were too hesitant and at times panicky.

Midfield at times is non existent allowing too much time on the ball for the opposition. Need to tighten that up

Fletcher though, for me, was head and shoulders above everyone else tonight. Hollding the ball up, closing down and harrying the county defence, bringing others into the game etc. We do need to get others to support him and get closer to him.  Happened a number of times he hahd the ball, looking for support & no one with 10-15 yards of him.

Again though I am happy with the result and 3 goals. Would just love to feel confident we aren't going to do something stupid at the back and chuck it.

Edited by Tannadeechee

Good result tonight but not a great performance. County looked absolutely awful for long spells but could still have nicked a couple of goals. I think we're definitely more aggressive under Fox and have learned how to score. I think that'll be enough to see us pull clear before the end of the season.

Best performance from Harkes for a long while, particularly the dirty side of the game. Smith was good as was Fletcher. Back three all looked uncomfortable and McMann struggles to create much going forward. 

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Good result tonight but not a great performance. County looked absolutely awful for long spells but could still have nicked a couple of goals. I think we're definitely more aggressive under Fox and have learned how to score. I think that'll be enough to see us pull clear before the end of the season.

Best performance from Harkes for a long while, particularly the dirty side of the game. Smith was good as was Fletcher. Back three all looked uncomfortable and McMann struggles to create much going forward. 

Thought he put.in a decent shift, not perfect, but decent. His demanding ify the ball from Birighitti, run and cross for Middleton was great and reallly good to see.

Edited by Tannadeechee

The different Harkes position seems to have suited him and United better last two games. He takes some stick for losing his man in a midfield [which was fair when he dropped back second half against Hearts]. But when he was up on the right, he was pushing them back into their own half, and it was some ball sent to Middleton for the opener.

It's a step in the right direction. A few sketchy defensive moments but overall 'looked like a fitba team' the last couple of weeks.
Not been able to say that after every game this season!

Absolute respect for the ones that came all the way down for that btw. Would have been very easy to make excuses not to go with timing/form/weather, so fair play. 

When Behich is fit, I’d have McMann at LCB ahead of Mulgrew/Graham.

Even today I was thinking that I’d bring on Niskanen and shift McMann back as Graham was getting roasted anytime he was one on one with their right winger.

Harkes was okay. Gave the ball away far too easily a few times still. That’s McGrath’s position any time he’s available.

Thought Sibbald was MoM.

Edited by ArabFC

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

28.4% win percentage under Malky. Can we please just try something else?

So that's barely better than Kettlewell's record if you exclude the season in the Championship. Cracking stuff.

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

So that's barely better than Kettlewell's record if you exclude the season in the Championship. Cracking stuff.

Yeah, but if you sack him you'll be bombarded with articles from his media pals saying it was the wrong decision and that the people who actually pay money to see Ross County and who want him replaced are wrong.

23 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Yeah, but if you sack him you'll be bombarded with articles from his media pals saying it was the wrong decision and that the people who actually pay money to see Ross County and who want him replaced are wrong.

I'm pretty sure we've been "blessed" with that experience every time we sacked a manager from Jimmy Calderwood on.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

That's the standard for Scottish football boys club shite.

I'd also fully expect the same media fannys to be touting big "Elvis" Pressley, big Yogi Hughes or Paul "Jake ball" Hartely (or whatever shite jobber managers that they are pals with) for the job.

On 29/12/2022 at 11:57, mishtergrolsch said:

That's the standard for Scottish football boys club shite.

I'd also fully expect the same media fannys to be touting big "Elvis" Pressley, big Yogi Hughes or Paul "Jake ball" Hartely (or whatever shite jobber managers that they are pals with) for the job.

I'd take Yogi back over Malky in a fucking heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I'd take Yogi back over Malky in a fucking heartbeat.

It's not the fact I think Yogi is better or worse than the racist, misogynistic arsehole, its the fact that he'll be linked with any or every job by his pals at the papers even though his track record is nothing to be bowled over by. Its why Scottish football is like a boys club where if you have old firm connections no matter how loose, you'll have a bunch of cheerleaders in the press trying to get you a job at any opportunity.