Perth Fermers V Taysides big team

Huge win but I'm still slightly concerned at how difficult we made it. Saints were very passive and frequently slack with the ball in their own half for long spells. A better team would have punished them much earlier than we did. For all our control I think the goal was our only shot on target.

Still, getting the win is the important thing. If we hadn't won today against such obliging hosts then it would have been a struggle to see us winning away from home at all this season.

20 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Huge win but I'm still slightly concerned at how difficult we made it. Saints were very passive and frequently slack with the ball in their own half for long spells. A better team would have punished them much earlier than we did. For all our control I think the goal was our only shot on target.

Still, getting the win is the important thing. If we hadn't won today against such obliging hosts then it would have been a struggle to see us winning away from home at all this season.

We had some nice build up play but I counted 3 or 4 times Watt dithered on the ball in the box when he could have turned and got a shot off like how he scored his goal. 

Got a little bitty in the final third when the team should have shot. 

Defensively sound and dealt well with the Saints when they did threaten. 

Again a couple of hairy moments. 

Will absolutely take the 3pts though, that's a massive win. 

United deserved to win because they at least tried to win the football match. We spent 90 minutes lumping the ball in the direction we were facing and playing to not lose. 

Davidson is a complete liability, a symptom of a club that has completely stagnated over the last couple of years, or at least since the cup double. At least Tommy wright used to challenge the downward pursuit we’re on, this current clown will just ‘eh aye definitely’ his way to his pay cheque every month. 

Don’t think there’s any positives to take. Same issues are revealing themselves week after week and the manager either doesn’t see it or doesn’t think they’re issues. 

As has been said, the Perth team were poo, but we did very little with all the ball we had.

Much of that is down to the system imho.

Behich can have attacking intent down the left. Freeman not so much down the right.

Then you have Harkes in the ‘creative role’ that McGrath would normally play. And he isn’t half the player.

But fcuk it, easy win, can’t complain too much!

Really poor. Struggling to see what our tactics are up front, was the same on Wednesday. Trying to shoehorn someone in between may and clark who end up playing too far apart. I thought murphy had a good game but the team is hamstrung when we don’t play a front 2 together. Surely you play Wotherspoon, crawford or murphy in hole behind the front 2 and they play more closely together? Baffled why we stuck  with that shape after it didn’t work v hearts. The gaps between the strikers are unreal. 

Game was crying out for someone yo put their foot on the ball and link play. 

Felt sorry for the likes of Bair and Mikey who have had so little football but expected to come on and be match sharp. Not fair on them. 

absolutely scunnered tonight. Utd fully deserving of the win. 

Davidson stumbled onto something with Clark and May and for a couple of months we maybe weren't so fucking predictable.

Sussed out again now though and he'll do nothing to address that.

Edited by Radford

Watching Saints again is just so depressing, nothing in midfield and no bite up front. We should have had the draw as surely the keeper was slow to attempt the save. Zander would have got a touch to push wide.

Looks to me this is our yearly bad run, hope I'm wrong.

United not that great either but looked to be trying harder than us.

First game back for a good while. Really wished i gave that game a miss. 2 poor sides on the day,Utd must be thankful they have a Tony Watt in there side who basically ran the show for them today. 

Edited by Welly boy

I thought both teams deserved to lose that game to be honest, it would have gotten football stopped! United marginally better, but only cause they knew what colour they were playing in. 

55 minutes ago, Broughty said:

United not that great either but looked to be trying harder than us.

Recurring theme in defeats. We invariably need to play well to win games. Teams just need to try a bit harder than us to flip that around.

Maybe not surprisingly when you have a huge squad, there are some decent players in there but also some poor ones and Davidson can neither seem to distinguish nor draw the most out of both groups.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Davidson stumbled onto something with Clark and May and for a couple of months we maybe weren't so fucking predictable.

Sussed out again now though and he'll do nothing to address that.

Exactly this. The double season we were unpredictable, especially 2nd half of season with Rooney and then the following season, everyone worked saints out and Davidson didn't react quick enough. Same this season. Clark coming in and the system change created something different, but now teams have figured it out and again, Davidson doesn't change.

Although Utd more than deserved the win. This is two stinking sides today and an utterly miserable game.

I can only assume the lack of FCU in first half was some sort of protest at the board? That was the most flat McD has been in a long time and the most meh game vs Utd I think I can remember.