The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The first half stats showed Hearts had all the possession but St Mirren had all the shots which suggests that after going ahead they sat back didn’t contest the middle of the park and looked to hit on the break

Is that about right

We are set up to counter attack so our possession stats are always low.

Having seen that back about a dozen times, Marcus puts all his weight on his right foot to avoid hurting the boy with his left…….and the ball was dead after the ref had awarded us a free kick. Ref got both wrong. Initial free kick should have stood and red card was an error.

FT 1-1
Quite the game of two halves, first 45 all us, second 45 all Hearts. Point fair enough then.
We actually started the half well. Main forced a decent save. Suspected we would regret all those missed chances and we did.
Hearts with one of those over hit crosses that I think bounced straight in.
They missed a couple of clear cut chances after that, one in particular a free header from about 8 yards, straight at Carson.
Third game with a sending off in a row for us now. Absolute VAR shambles at the end there. A five minute check results in Fraser going off for violent conduct and us losing a free kick that had been given before the violent conduct happened? Weird.
Olusyana coming on before Brophy was weird too. Guy clearly isn't a footballer and was rightly hooked back off shortly afterwards. Seemed like a bit of a message from Robbo. 
Onwards to Tynecastle, we have nothing to fear from this Hearts team. 

Not sure about the red card. I'd be astounded if Fraser has deliberately stamped. Looks like he's jumped over Olusanya and landed on Grant.

Why though does it take 2 mins for VAR to call the referee to look at it? It then takes the referee another minute or so to decide if it's a red. Needless waste of time.

Hearts the better side in the second half but can't help but think it was 2 points dropped. We should've been out of sight. Hearts were always going to have a spell in the game so we needed to take our chances when they came.

Anyone shed any light on why the referee gave Hearts the free kick after he’d given St Mirren the free kick and sent off a Saints player for something that had happened after the ball was dead.  

I know some rules have changed recently and I’m guessing the referee must have got it correct, but would be great if anyone knew what the rule was. 

Just now, Torfason said:

Having seen that back about a dozen times, Marcus puts all his weight on his right foot to avoid hurting the boy with his left…….and the ball was dead after the ref had awarded us a free kick. Ref got both wrong. Initial free kick should have stood and red card was an error.

It is just about the clearest red card you will see in your life. 

Both feet off the ground and out of control to the extent that he couldn't stop himself landing studs-first on Grant's shin even if he was trying not to.

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

Both feet off the ground and out of control to the extent that he couldn't stop himself landing studs-first on Grant's shin even if he was trying not to.

Exactly this. He’s out of control and reckless. Yes he mitigated the absolute disaster of him landing with both feet on the boys leg but he had no need to be doing that at all. 

I’d also say the initial free kick was the wrong decision too but wow. 

The review took far too long to start. 

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

I need to see it again. But when you jump you usually have two feet off the ground. He's hurdled the St Mirren player and the Hearts boy is lying on the ground. In hindsight he should've just clattered into Olusanya rather than trying to avoid him.

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Anyone shed any light on why the referee gave Hearts the free kick after he’d given St Mirren the free kick and sent off a Saints player for something that had happened after the ball was dead.  

I know some rules have changed recently and I’m guessing the referee must have got it correct, but would be great if anyone knew what the rule was. 

It's an infrigement and it's violent conduct. Say a player punches an opponent waiting for a corner, the foul would be given whether or not the ball was in play.