"I'll take a hammer to you"

Short but illuminating article on Jordan Trengrove's cruel experience. You notice from this case how quickly and how easily someone like him, young and from a low socio-economic background, gets flung in jail. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/03/i-went-downhill-man-falsely-accused-of-on-becoming-a-hate-figure?CMP=share_btn_tw&fbclid=IwAR3-r9tzxnTPpedU32Yz2WUYpl1YPwRxz5BSNrS_cB5LWOu1lKZvCGT3vr0

22 hours ago, ICTChris said:

From what I understand quite a lot of false allegations of rape or sexual abuse result from significant mental health problems on the part of the accuser.

Also, I can’t be the only person who clicked into this thread expecting some Rab Corbett content.

Have we got a c reg nissan cherry bonnet snudge?

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Short but illuminating article on Jordan Trengrove's cruel experience. You notice from this case how quickly and how easily someone like him, young and from a low socio-economic background, gets flung in jail. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/03/i-went-downhill-man-falsely-accused-of-on-becoming-a-hate-figure?CMP=share_btn_tw&fbclid=IwAR3-r9tzxnTPpedU32Yz2WUYpl1YPwRxz5BSNrS_cB5LWOu1lKZvCGT3vr0

The thing I find hardest to believe is the police diving in on Trengrove so quickly, and their incompetence in failing to work out much earlier that the multiple social media accounts etc she was creating to spread the lies (including the ones supposedly from him) were fake. This all happened in the last few years, and with the Internet hardly in its infancy you'd think their cyber unit should have worked out their origin/IP address as a matter of course and far quicker than they obviously did, nipping this in the bud before it blew up to the full scale shitstorm it became. 

I've read all the further links in the article from the OP and her claims are more and more extreme and fantastical in each one. These type of things quite obviously and sadly do happen, but for one girl to be subjected to a rape on a night out, be the victim of an Asian grooming gang, trafficked to Ibiza, held in a caravan for 2 weeks to be abused by multiple men while also suffering being forced drugs and having a backstreet abortion (none of which appears on her med records),  as well as being sold at some perverts auction in Amsterdam amongst others, should have led to questions over her credibility before half the claims could even be made and it got so out of hand.

The lassie is obviously a massively troubled fantasist who clearly needs help, but a far earlier and smarter intervention by the police could surely have got her that help and saved the reputations of all those men from being tarnished and their lives ruined.

5 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

The thing I find hardest to believe is the police diving in on Trengrove so quickly, and their incompetence in failing to work out much earlier that the multiple social media accounts etc she was creating to spread the lies (including the ones supposedly from him) were fake. This all happened in the last few years, and with the Internet hardly in its infancy you'd think their cyber unit should have worked out their origin/IP address as a matter of course and far quicker than they obviously did, nipping this in the bud before it blew up to the full scale shitstorm it became. 

I've read all the further links in the article from the OP and her claims are more and more extreme and fantastical in each one. These type of things quite obviously and sadly do happen, but for one girl to be subjected to a rape on a night out, be the victim of an Asian grooming gang, trafficked to Ibiza, held in a caravan for 2 weeks to be abused by multiple men while also suffering being forced drugs and having a backstreet abortion (none of which appears on her med records),  as well as being sold at some perverts auction in Amsterdam amongst others, should have led to questions over her credibility before half the claims could even be made and it got so out of hand.

The lassie is obviously a massively troubled fantasist who clearly needs help, but a far earlier and smarter intervention by the police could surely have got her that help and saved the reputations of all those men from being tarnished and their lives ruined.

From what I've read, she made the Facebook post that kicked off all the right wing/support for Ellie campaign after she had been charged for perverting course justice. But police couldn't counter it as it would jeopardize the trial. So men's lives were ruined even further.

These things make me so angry, getting a conviction in a rape or sexual assault case is very difficult as it is. There's growing argument that accused should remain anonymous until found guilty. In cases like this you can see why. But coroberation and Morov @Inanimate Carbon Rod is that right?! Are often way to secure a conviction if over victims then come forward.

That young lad was clearly broken by the whole experience and it's heartbreaking for him. 

3 hours ago, Madame RH33 said:

From what I've read, she made the Facebook post that kicked off all the right wing/support for Ellie campaign after she had been charged for perverting course justice. But police couldn't counter it as it would jeopardize the trial. So men's lives were ruined even further.

These things make me so angry, getting a conviction in a rape or sexual assault case is very difficult as it is. There's growing argument that accused should remain anonymous until found guilty. In cases like this you can see why. But coroberation and Morov @Inanimate Carbon Rod is that right?! Are often way to secure a conviction if over victims then come forward.

That young lad was clearly broken by the whole experience and it's heartbreaking for him. 

It's a hugely sensitive issue,  As you rightly pointed out a huge amount of rapes go unpunished with many reported crimes not passing the threshold for prosecution. Nowadays , with DNA evidence in the majority of cases,  the accused never denies having sex with the victim but insists it was routine consensual sex. Most of the time it will just be one person word against another. The image of rape in many peoples minds is often still some masked bloke coming through the bedroom window at night with a knife to carry out a violent attack, but that's not the majority of cases. In most cases the two parties are known to each other and the man either wrongly assumes consent, ignores the denials or most often there is alcohol involved.

A few years ago the SNP spoke of wanted to remove the need for corroboration in rape cases, that is quite worrying TBH, one persons word against another can't be enough to send someone to jail Shirely? I worry that that might go and flip the current statistics on their head with huge amounts of innocent men being convicted.

I'm really not trying to sound like some VL MRA here, it's embarrassing to be a bloke the way some carry on, and for what it's worth, i don't think there is a large amount of vindictive women out their whose sole aim in to ruin peoples lives.  What I do think is that there are certainly enough silly, selfish and naive ( mostly younger) women who, after doing something they later regret or are embarrassed about will simply try to blame others to save face or their relationship or reputation.

I know of an incident where a girl was ( con-sensually) rattled by two boys in the spare room whilst her husband slept next door after a party, when he found out she accused them of taking advantage. She eventually admitted the truth after speaking with many close friends. She had had previous for this behavior when she was single, but when faced with losing everything she initially had no qualms about throwing those lads under the bus to save herself. 

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

3 hours ago, Madame RH33 said:

I dont know too much about English criminal law but i dont know if they require corroboration? 

12 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Yet there’s a poster on here who thinks this is “pish” and not worthy of being reported by the MSM.

Makes you wonder about the moral values of said poster.

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

It's a hugely sensitive issue,  As you rightly pointed out a huge amount of rapes go unpunished with many reported crimes not passing the threshold for prosecution. Nowadays , with DNA evidence in the majority of cases,  the accused never denies having sex with the victim but insists it was routine consensual sex. Most of the time it will just be one person word against another. The image of rape in many peoples minds is often still some masked bloke coming through the bedroom window at night with a knife to carry out a violent attack, but that's not the majority of cases. In most cases the two parties are known to each other and the man either wrongly assumes consent, ignores the denials or most often there is alcohol involved.

A few years ago the SNP spoke of wanted to remove the need for corroboration in rape cases, that is quite worrying TBH, one persons word against another can't be enough to send someone to jail Shirely? I worry that that might go and flip the current statistics on their head with huge amounts of innocent men being convicted.

I'm really not trying to sound like some VL MRA here, it's embarrassing to be a bloke the way some carry on, and for what it's worth, i don't think there is a large amount of vindictive women out their whose sole aim in to ruin peoples lives.  What I do think is that there are certainly enough silly, selfish and naive ( mostly younger) women who, after doing something they later regret or are embarrassed about will simply try to blame others to save face or their relationship or reputation.

I know of an incident where a girl was ( con-sensually) rattled by two boys in the spare room whilst her husband slept next door after a party, when he found out she accused them of taking advantage. She eventually admitted the truth after speaking with many close friends. She had had previous for this behavior when she was single, but when faced with losing everything she initially had no qualms about throwing those lads under the bus to save herself. 

I'm only too aware of the police process. Hours of interviews later. It's a thorough process.

This story is incredibly sad on many levels. Lives ruined. It'll be interesting what mental health condition she gets labelled with in mitigation of sentencing. Making it even harder again for those of us with the combination of MH and survioror to not be labelled.

@Inanimate Carbon Rodsorry I forgot it was English law but it's one.of the cited reason for no annonimoty is that it may encourage other victims to come forward.

1 hour ago, Madame RH33 said:

I'm only too aware of the police process. Hours of interviews later. It's a thorough process.

This story is incredibly sad on many levels. Lives ruined. It'll be interesting what mental health condition she gets labelled with in mitigation of sentencing. Making it even harder again for those of us with the combination of MH and survioror to not be labelled.

@Inanimate Carbon Rodsorry I forgot it was English law but it's one.of the cited reason for no annonimoty is that it may encourage other victims to come forward.

I get it, theres no perfect answer to this for anyone, ive seen people horrifically assaulted and their lives ruined, seen others falsely accused and their lives ruined. I think we need to do better to support victims.