"I'll take a hammer to you"

Anyone been following the fairly bizarre case of Eleanor Williams.   The Lassie claimed she was raped by an Asian Grooming gang but it seems like its all complete fabrication.  She even went as far as buying a claw hammer and inflicting pretty horrific injuries on herself to gain sympathy.

Eleanor Williams: Barrow woman guilty of false rape claims - BBC News

Obviously its created mayhem in a fairly small town with people she accused, and even Asians in general being subjected to a racial abuse. 

She must have fairly big issues going on but its hard to feel sorry for someone who has knowingly caused harm to another human through their actions.  

I followed a link to a #justiceforellie Twitter page which is bizarrely still active.  Its depressing looking at the posts from when her allegations are made public with the inevitable racism and jumping to conclusions from the general public.  I believe £20K asa raised through a Gofundme page.   

I know we all do it but this case in particular shows it in a shocking light considering how far from the truth it was.  Loads of cretins scrambling to get folk like Piers Morgan involved in the campaign...

f*cked up... 

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Do we? 

I'm sure all of us at some point make assumptions.  I didn't say on this particular case but ye cannae seriously tell me you dont watch the news or read something online and are swayed with what is said before you know the full story?

Is not then yer Sherlock Holmes

17 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

BBC would be better off reporting on the horrors that happened in Rotherham, rather than this pish. IMO.

Although I understand the seriousness of the situation in Rotherham, I dont believe its a 'one or the other' situation ...and i find it difficult to put this down as "pish".  Quite a few folk have had lives ruined  cos this lassie has decided to make up a wee fantasy land and fairly elaborate stories.  But I guess its the colour of the folks skin she's targeted that makes it not worth reporting in your eyes?  

11 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

I'm sure all of us at some point make assumptions.  I didn't say on this particular case but ye cannae seriously tell me you dont watch the news or read something online and are swayed with what is said before you know the full story?

Is not then yer Sherlock Holmes

joanna-yeates-siffers-image-1-736209145.jpg

It's absolutely incredible just how far these right wing nutters will go to push their racist stereotypes and narratives, even going so far as to inflict self harm to gain support from the hard of thinking. At only 22, there's no way that she was the only one in on this. Wouldn't be surprised if there were some Tommy Robinson thug types giving her ideas on how to be as convincing as possible.

20 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

It's absolutely incredible just how far these right wing nutters will go to push their racist stereotypes and narratives, even going so far as to inflict self harm to gain support from the hard of thinking. At only 22, there's no way that she was the only one in on this. Wouldn't be surprised if there were some Tommy Robinson thug types giving her ideas on how to be as convincing as possible.

Apparently it did lead to Patriotic Alternative - Mark Collett of the BNP’s new thing - setting up an outpost in Barrow, so that could be a possibility. 

13 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The girl is clearly unwell. Apparently she injured herself with a hammer to make the injuries.

Lives utterly ruined. 

From what I understand quite a lot of false allegations of rape or sexual abuse result from significant mental health problems on the part of the accuser.

Also, I can’t be the only person who clicked into this thread expecting some Rab Corbett content.

7 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Wouldn't be surprised if there were some Tommy Robinson thug types giving her ideas on how to be as convincing as possible.

Tommy Robinson himself was involved.

He came to Barrow to, ahem, 'investigate' the goings on like some sort of far right Hetty Wainthrope and was apparently left 'bewildered' when he spoke to two of the reported perpetrators and absolutely nothing stood up to scrutiny.

His tiny wee brain must have not been able to comprehend just what was happening.

What's happened to Tommy Ten-Names lately anyway? Are they still investigating his attempts to hide money during his bankruptcy proceedings? I do hope he doesn't lose everything and die a miserable death in penury. That would be fucking terrible. 

16 hours ago, ICTChris said:

From what I understand quite a lot of false allegations of rape or sexual abuse result from significant mental health problems on the part of the accuser.

Also, I can’t be the only person who clicked into this thread expecting some Rab Corbett content.

What's Rab up to these days?

His prank calls were brilliant

18 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

BBC would be better off reporting on the horrors that happened in Rotherham, rather than this pish. IMO.

Why should this "pish" not be reported on? Genuinely interested as to what possible justification you could have for this.

19 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The BBC has 290 results from searching "Rotherham child abuse" on its website, 29 pages of links with 10 articles per page.