New sayings that us old duffers won't understand

On 15/01/2023 at 13:13, TxRover said:

Most everything the “youth” are creating these days is based upon shortening typing time for messages. Lots of recent use of the word “Natty” for National Championship when referring to the NCAA (American) Football Playoff, stuff like that.

See also "platty jubes" for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee last year. Not surprised she died tbqh.

10 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Hack,

Because tip was such a long difficult word they looked for a way to make it more concise and shorter....and failed. Oh my days the youth of today.

Hack to my mind means either a journalist, an attempt to get into a secure computer, the sort of horse I would back in a race or the way Wullie Broon of St Johnstone, Forfar Athletic and East Fife used to win the ball

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Hack to my mind means either a journalist, an attempt to get into a secure computer, the sort of horse I would back in a race or the way Wullie Broon of St Johnstone, Forfar Athletic and East Fife used to win the ball

You forgot an ugly person

Feeling my age with my thoughts around new sayings these days. 

This term "mid" meaning low quality or mediocre. Her wee cousin (male 20) came out with it in the chat the other week and got slaughtered for talking like a 14 yr old lassie. 

Anyway, the above is a bit of a low-key mood, vibes just hits different, IYKYK.