Celtic v Rangers. League Cup final. 26 February

Flybhoy

Oh another thing from yesterday the fireworks were doing my head in a bit yesterday. Don't mind it at the start or during goals etc but it was just fucking constant. I wasn't even in the stand they were getting fired off in but it was far too distracting from the game. 

And whilst I'm moaning I hate the goal celebration stuff on the screen at Hampden now . You score and you look up and see goals and celebrations of other games? Surely they can just link the live feed? Another reason to add to the list as to why Hampden is shit.

Edited by gannonball

43 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure where you’re looking, but you can find plenty criticism of Tavernier quite easily. To say he is escaping it is absolutely incorrect.

Mostly Twitter, much of the criticism seems to be on Beale and the midfield 

26 minutes ago, bennett said:

After a quick glance at follow follow, there's a few threads slating Tav on the first page.

Yesterday I would've said most of our issues were midfield related rather than the usual FFS Tav.

Not one of my regular haunts in all honesty

22 minutes ago, gannonball said:

And whilst I'm moaning I hate the goal celebration stuff on the screen at Hampden now . You score and you look up and see goals and celebrations of other games? Surely they can just link the live feed? Another reason to add to the list as to why Hampden is shit.

Aye, that was bizarre.

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Mostly Twitter, much of the criticism seems to be on Beale and the midfield 

That’s probably because that is more of an overall theme to discuss rather than an individual error.

I’m sure if you looked at Twitter at the moment Celtic scored, the criticism would’ve been directed at Tav.

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, that was bizarre.

Yeah it actually took me a sec to realise it wasn't footage from the game. A goal has just been scored in a game who thought it would be a good idea to show footage immediately from another game? Bizarre right enough.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Views on Starfelt yesterday? I though he was excellent for an hour! 

I was about to say the guy beside  me this is the best game I think I have seen him play  but he took a fresh air swipe at a cross as I was about to say it :lol:

I like him but he's good for at least one cheap foul and/or brain fart per game. I think at European level we need more of a left sided ball player.

19 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Views on Starfelt yesterday? I though he was excellent for an hour! 

He was great until he made the first mistake and then his decision making seemed to go to shit. Taylor was the same so that entire left side become a big weakness

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Maeda for all his trying was pretty bowfing 

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Fair summary, I thought both Jota and Maeda were pretty poor.

Think you’re a tad harsh on Maeda, might not have been working for him in the final 3rd but he made up for that with his chasing, closing down and winning possession back. Never stopped the entire time he was in the pitch, rangers players would’ve been relieved to see the back of him. Even McCoist couldn’t stop praising him during the game and after when chatting to ange. 

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Think you’re a tad harsh on Maeda, might not have been working for him in the final 3rd but he made up for that with his chasing, closing down and winning possession back. Never stopped the entire time he was in the pitch, rangers players would’ve been relieved to see the back of him. Even McCoist couldn’t stop praising him during the game and after when chatting to ange. 

I'm never going to criticise his work ethic, I've never seen a player like it to sustain it for such long periods. He was needed when our arses collapsed a bit too. I do think  if he is going to be used on the wing though that there should be more support to him as soon as he gets the ball as he's not great at beating a man or trying first time balls. We would be so much more effective if he can win the ball high up then lay a simple 5 yard ball to somebody.

4 hours ago, gannonball said:

Maeda for all his trying was pretty bowfing

13 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I'm never going to criticise his work ethic, I've never seen a player like it to sustain it for such long periods. He was needed when our arses collapsed a bit too

😉

Edited by Drew Brees

17 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I think you probably have more pressing worries than Haksabanovics ability to finish.

After all the big talk off the park all week the gap (pun intended) to our mob was clearly evident.

Why would I be worried? Its a game of football mate. Nothing more and nothing less.

4 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Fair summary, I thought both Jota and Maeda were pretty poor. I don’t think we were particularly great anywhere but we didn’t need to be with the exception of CCV who was brilliant.

Starfelt and Taylor conspired to chuck it right enough both were honking in that last half hour.

See lots of criticism of Beale and the midfield today however Tavernier escaping it despite yet again being at fault for our winner, this guy is a goal head start in every game 

Agree with this assessment. CCV is your defence and the rest hang off him. Without him in the team you'd be a different proposition. 

Both our fullbacks are problematic. They aren't chosen for their defensive abilities and that is quite clear against the better teams. 

Lundstram should be dropped for Raskin permanently now. 

Kyogo is a total pain in the proverbial. Great player but I'll appreciate him more when he leaves Celtic. 

Allegedly* this was the first time the losing team didn't stay on the pitch whilst the winning team lift the cup? Quite strange really it's not as if there's a great deal of history between the players/coaches etc and it wasn't a particularly dirty or controversial game.

*Some random on twitter

Edited by gannonball

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Allegedly* this was the first time the losing team didn't stay on the pitch whilst the winning team lift the cup? Quite strange really it's not as if there's a great deal of history between the players/coaches etc and it wasn't a particularly dirty or controversial game.

*Some random on twitter

Standards