Celtic v Rangers. League Cup final. 26 February

Flybhoy

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

1. I commend you on going straight home. Nothing wrong with that - Celtic win 90% of games so you can’t celebrate all the time. 2. 20 mins up the road ? A c**t of myself ? You’ve no idea where I live son.

Calling me son 🤣, don’t embarrass yourself with that patronising pish. 

I’ll hedge my bets you didn’t know where that Celtic poster lived either before piling in for not going to Perth as none of us live in Glasgow, isn’t that right? 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Calling me son 🤣, don’t embarrass yourself with that patronising pish. 

I’ll hedge my bets you didn’t know where that Celtic poster lived either before piling in for not going to Perth as none of us live in Glasgow, isn’t that right? 

Christ almighty son you had a lot to drink ?

No idea where the guy was from whether it was Perth, Glasgow or Grangemouth.

Enjoy your night.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Christ almighty son you had a lot to drink ?

No idea where the guy was from whether it was Perth, Glasgow or Grangemouth.

Enjoy your night.

Not a lot, cracked open a nice Hibiki when I got home that I got for Xmas, seemed appropriate.🍀🇯🇵

18 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Great guess but sadly no longer and not for many years young man. If I did I’d have been certain to meet you in Plean for a beer as I love your knowledge and updates on other threads.

My type aren't popular in Plean 🤣

Celtic win the Rangers League Cup "again".

League Cup/Skol Cup/Coca-Cola Cup - no matter what it was called there was a time we just didn't win it.  My first final ever was in 1982 and a 2-1 win followed by 15 years of failure while Rangers seemed to win it every year.  Good bad and indifferent Rangers sides won this trophy regardless of form.

In 2019 Rangers outplayed Neil Lennon's Celtic but still lost mainly due to Fraser Forster.

Today again was more important to Rangers than Celtic but it didn't look like that on the pitch as Rangers toiled to keep up with Celtic.

Just another sign that the original Rangers are no more.

Wee Kyogo makes a big difference again.

I think Beale got his midfield selection wrong yesterday which is probably the first time I think he’s been tactically a bit naïve.

Putting Lundstram in from the start after missing the last couple of weeks, particularly with Raskin impressing so far we seemed off it. It’s no surprise we started to see more of the ball after he changed it.

I think it was also a mistake to replace Morelos for Colak. He just isn’t the same type of player as Morelos and can’t get us up the pitch like he does. Bad day at the office.

Edited by AJF

Back to the game yesterday I don't think we were particularly good yet still found a way to win. First half Rangers* were quite good at pressing us and I don't think our  performance merited a goal in the first half but a great time to get one all the same.  Second half we were in control but we did seem to flap once we conceded. Maeda for all his trying was pretty bowfing and Oh getting inexplicably carded as soon as he came on made him relatively ineffective when Ange tried to change it. I know he missed a few chances but Haksabanovic was quite effective for us when the game was stretching. I thought McGregor carried our midfield a bit yesterday too.

27 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Back to the game yesterday I don't think we were particularly good yet still found a way to win. First half Rangers* were quite good at pressing us and I don't think our  performance merited a goal in the first half but a great time to get one all the same.  Second half we were in control but we did seem to flap once we conceded. Maeda for all his trying was pretty bowfing and Oh getting inexplicably carded as soon as he came on made him relatively ineffective when Ange tried to change it. I know he missed a few chances but Haksabanovic was quite effective for us when the game was stretching. I thought McGregor carried our midfield a bit yesterday too.

Fair summary, I thought both Jota and Maeda were pretty poor. I don’t think we were particularly great anywhere but we didn’t need to be with the exception of CCV who was brilliant.

Starfelt and Taylor conspired to chuck it right enough both were honking in that last half hour.

See lots of criticism of Beale and the midfield today however Tavernier escaping it despite yet again being at fault for our winner, this guy is a goal head start in every game 

Edited by Jinky67

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

See lots of criticism of Beale and the midfield today however Tavernier escaping it despite yet again being at fault for our winner, this guy is a goal head start in every game 

This is a good point. He gets praise for his assists and all the penalties he converts, but the guy just cannot defend.

After a quick glance at follow follow, there's a few threads slating Tav on the first page.

Yesterday I would've said most of our issues were midfield related rather than the usual FFS Tav.

16 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

This is a good point. He gets praise for his assists and all the penalties he converts, but the guy just cannot defend.

It's his mentality in general that puzzles why he is a captain. We're talking about a guy who gave the ball to a someone who couldn't score against us at 0-0 in a cup final to take a penalty. It's your main asset, it's as high a pressure situation you can get, your the captain and you do that? He clearly has pros but is flawed mentally imo hence switching off etc.