Championship Sunday

lichtie23

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Nah, the locker room will be OK, they understand the moment and all. It’s similar to a player missing a PK in a shoot out…it’s the fans and haters who will take it too far.

Dont think it's any way comparable to a pen miss. He had absolutely no need to make that challenge. He was out of bounds anyway. Mental decision by him and cost his team a place at the Super Bowl

It's a tricky one as the 15 yard penalty rule needs to be there to stop cheap shots, but in this case I think he was making a genuine attempt to stop Mahomes and he's a fraction late. However if you start trying to judge intent then you bring in more grey areas. 

Only saw the YT highlights of the AFC game so don't know about the rest of the calls but twitter certainly not being complimentary to the reffing crews in both games. 

13 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

I get that people are frustrated that it ended that way, but the call was correct.

Just a bad play at the worst time.

What about all the other bullshit calls though? The refs were awful 

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Dont think it's any way comparable to a pen miss. He had absolutely no need to make that challenge. He was out of bounds anyway. Mental decision by him and cost his team a place at the Super Bowl

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

It's a tricky one as the 15 yard penalty rule needs to be there to stop cheap shots, but in this case I think he was making a genuine attempt to stop Mahomes and he's a fraction late. However if you start trying to judge intent then you bring in more grey areas. 

Only saw the YT highlights of the AFC game so don't know about the rest of the calls but twitter certainly not being complimentary to the reffing crews in both games. 

3 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

I get that people are frustrated that it ended that way, but the call was correct.

Just a bad play at the worst time.

Reasonable people will disagree, and intelligent people will understand the heat of the moment and various other factors. The decision is bad, but not terribly late, so I expect he’ll be fine in the locker room…but I expect to read all about abuse on social media when/if I go look later.

Most of the calls in the Cheifs, Bengals game were correct and the Cheifs had 55 yards of pens against them including correctly ruling out a touchdown. 

At the end of the day they lost because they turned the ball over more and gave away a silly penalty at the end which is always going to get called. 

The defence really won the game for KC rather than the refs. 

Edited by Hammerafc

23 hours ago, TxRover said:

Are we really still talking about something that happened over 50 years ago? Time to move on.

Game was a bit of an anticlimax but happy with another easy win. The 9ers defence was not as strong as expected, probably just as well as Hurts was still very clearly injured and didn't have his best game. 

Can see the NFL mandating a third quarterback on the gameday roster for next year. 

11 minutes ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Are we really still talking about something that happened over 50 years ago? Time to move on.

Game was a bit of an anticlimax but happy with another easy win. The 9ers defence was not as strong as expected, probably just as well as Hurts was still very clearly injured and didn't have his best game. 

Can see the NFL mandating a third quarterback on the gameday roster for next year. 

OK, from Philly Magazine…

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2018/01/20/eagles-fans-bad-behavior/

Turns out Purdy had a complete tear of the UCL in his right elbow, which should put to bed any of the shite about him being a quitter. Looks like he will be out for 6 months minimum as it requires surgery. 4 QBs on the 49ers books but god knows who will be starting next season.