Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 Vs Cove Rangers 🔵🔵

12 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Say it again cannot work out why McCall signed another defender?

clearly with injuries and lack of goals why did he not sign at least a new striker 

the teams above us have a number of strikers who are scoring regularly 

Because we only had three centre halves, two of whom have had fairly long spells out injured in the recent past, and the other who’s a red card waiting to happen half the time.

And the teams above us don’t really have ‘a number of strikers scoring regularly’

20 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

The chance of us keeping a clean sheet is virtually zero

If we play like we did vs Accies last week I think you’ve a reasonable chance. 

Edited by JagsCG

Same as last week with some nuances. 

Cove deserved their win and Foxy was probably the PotM overall.

Had a wee bit of a go when we started the second half but BBG soon stopped any chance of, even an equaliser with his big gob. 

I genuinely cannot be arsed with next week, right now.

Apathetic performance, apathetic support, apathetic club I'm afraid. It all feels stale and predictable. Don't like to see people lose their jobs but the last two games is sackable stuff. If, as a club and support, are happy to see the odd good game in six and float about mid table at best then we are what we are under IMC. Just can't see him achieving anything consistent enough for a promotion push. 

9 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Apathetic performance, apathetic support, apathetic club I'm afraid. It all feels stale and predictable. Don't like to see people lose their jobs but the last two games is sackable stuff. If, as a club and support, are happy to see the odd good game in six and float about mid table at best then we are what we are under IMC. Just can't see him achieving anything consistent enough for a promotion push. 

I don't think that was the case. Most folk were fizzing with the display as you seem to have been going by your post. 

Pathetic, not apathetic. What a club...

Absolutely woeful stuff from pretty much all involved.  Like with so many sides visiting Firhill, Cove weren't brilliant but they didn't need to be.  We're so incredibly easy to beat if you can take a chance you get.  Can't really remember too many clear-cut ones Cove had, but they took their first, and then you just knew we had absolutely no chance of getting even an equaliser, let alone turn it around.  Pretty much every decision made was wrong.  A huge number of poor choices of pass, making us so easy to defend against.  And we seem absolutely incapable of doing any kind of effective pressing.  It's no wonder we look so awkward when a team presses us, it's like they're told it's not allowed or something.

Refereeing performance wasn't the reason we lost, but that's probably the most awkwardly terrible one I've seen in a while.  Usually fairly even in how it fucks both teams, but this one certainly seemed to penalise us more.  I assume Graham said something particularly stupid for a straight red, so benefit of the doubt there, but a complete lack of consistency in how fouls and cards were treated, a desire to let most time-wasting go, then a splurge of cards for less egregious examples.  Topped off by Fox (probably MotM) almost certainly turning the ball around the post, changing it's direction and bounce, and giving a goal kick.  What fucking hope do you have?

Hard to argue that McCall should probably go.  Is it worth punting him in the short-term to give someone new a bit of a free-hit, or is this season effectively pointless now?  Can we even afford to punt him if we want to (which I suspect the board probably don't)?  Through Archibald and now McCall, it's been the same insipid and largely pointless play, while other, perhaps less talented sides come and easily beat us.  Can we not at least try and set up to be a bit more stodgy and build from there instead of the lumbering, unimaginative shite we get now?