Queens v Edinburgh

Pleasing. FC Edinburgh should just save themselves a Saturday and give us the 3 points without wasting time playing. 

Going the stats it looked fairly comfortable? If we could finish better we'd have been out of sight? Limiting FCE to one chance that required a really good save? 

Good win the most important thing. Hopefully the side can build on the last two results and not give us another false dawn :)

Well worth the win.  We were pretty tidy for the most part.

It had the look of a familiar movie when we again missed chances to make it safe, but there were no great scares this time, probably aided by the fact that we faced ten men for the closing stages.

When we get to put Wilson into that midfield, we might yet have a chance of climbing this table.

A good three, deserved, points.

Marv seems to have cut out a lot of the mistakes and sloppiness we have all too frequently been guilty of and I felt we were in control from about five minutes into the game onwards.

Really pleased for Paton scoring with a fine effort from his free kick as it looked as though he was going to have one of those games where nothing he tried came off.

We should really have scored more but we never looked like losing  a goal .

We looked well organised at the back with a decent keeper. 

Our passing at times was excellent always wanted to build from the back no punt up the park.

We at times over passed it but we are a work in progress.

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

A good three, deserved, points.

Marv seems to have cut out a lot of the mistakes and sloppiness we have all too frequently been guilty of and I felt we were in control from about five minutes into the game onwards.

Really pleased for Paton scoring with a fine effort from his free kick as it looked as though he was going to have one of those games where nothing he tried came off.

Being picky, I thought a lot of our passing was sloppy, especially in the first half. Passing straight to opponents or out of the park. Deserved win in the end though. 

39 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

We should really have scored more but we never looked like losing  a goal .

We looked well organised at the back with a decent keeper. 

Our passing at times was excellent

See above response. 

Good to see us playing with more confidence - some of our play was excellent but our finishing was really weak with Lewis, Todd and Murray all squandering gilt edged chances. Thought Brydon was really solid- Mom by a distance and although nothing much came off for him Ruth put in a power of work and offered a lot more than Reilly in that role. 

Still not sure why Murray gets so much game time but Bartley has certainly identified the key problem areas and taken swift action. Need to build on this and start beating our key rivals and not just FCE, Clyde and Peterhead.

Comfortably the best Edinburgh have looked against us at 4th time of asking. They still only came remotely close to scoring once. We played decently. Not brilliantly, but more than enough to win and it would have been a travesty if we hadnt. The goal was an outstandingly good free kick from the 'mannequin killer' 😂

As much as we should probably have won by 3 or 4 (why did Hendrie try to square the ball instead of just scoring?) I was more pleased with how we defended. I know its Edinburgh, but we were disciplined, organised and always looked like getting the clean sheet. Brydon really looks the part for such a young defender, East brings a bit of composure on the ball and McKay had easily his best game of the season. And Dabrowski looks a solid last line when he's needed.

Harry Cochrane I thought was tremendous in an unsung hero kind of way. Base of the midfield in Wilson's absence, calm on the ball and picking up ugly possesion when we didnt have it. Marvin wants a high tempo passing game and players like Cochrane will be crucial. 

Ruari got man of the match for his goal, his industry and his Irish charm with the ladies but I'd have gone with Harry or Brydon.

Two good performances in a row, but it was two teams we've beaten 7 out of 7 so far. Hamilton will be a bigger test, especially without Brydon (& Logan and Kabia too).

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Comfortably the best Edinburgh have looked against us at 4th time of asking. They still only came remotely close to scoring once. We played decently. Not brilliantly, but more than enough to win and it would have been a travesty if we hadnt. The goal was an outstandingly good free kick from the 'mannequin killer' 😂

As much as we should probably have won by 3 or 4 (why did Hendrie try to square the ball instead of just scoring?) I was more pleased with how we defended. I know its Edinburgh, but we were disciplined, organised and always looked like getting the clean sheet. Brydon really looks the part for such a young defender, East brings a bit of composure on the ball and McKay had easily his best game of the season. And Dabrowski looks a solid last line when he's needed.

Harry Cochrane I thought was tremendous in an unsung hero kind of way. Base of the midfield in Wilson's absence, calm on the ball and picking up ugly possesion when we didnt have it. Marvin wants a high tempo passing game and players like Cochrane will be crucial. 

Ruari got man of the match for his goal, his industry and his Irish charm with the ladies but I'd have gone with Harry or Brydon.

Two good performances in a row, but it was two teams we've beaten 7 out of 7 so far. Hamilton will be a bigger test, especially without Brydon (& Logan and Kabia too).

Pretty much nailed it there SD. Thought Brydon was different class, especially first half. It’s a bugger we have players cup tied but at least they won’t get injured for our glorious late run into the playoffs. Is the big keeper eligible?

9 minutes ago, Jan mosniack said:

Pretty much nailed it there SD. Thought Brydon was different class, especially first half. It’s a bugger we have players cup tied but at least they won’t get injured for our glorious late run into the playoffs. Is the big keeper eligible?

Dabrowski can play Hamilton yes. Whether Marvin chooses to give Botterill a run instead is another question.

4 minutes ago, Kunter said:

What a difference that was. Actually playing like a well organised team now. Looked fitter as well. 

I'm really not looking to get carried away after a narrow home win over a team we've already dominated against this season.

However, it did have a good feel today.  I don't hold with the idea that the players had consciously chucked it under Gibson and stopped trying.  Having said that though, the energy levels were way higher today than they've generally looked.  All over the field, our players were harrying theirs and getting a foot in.  

On today's evidence, he's getting a bit more out of some players.  The additions obviously made a difference too.

tempo right from the start was high as within the first few minutes, quickly taken throw ins, keeper playing it out quickly, quick free kick and forcing Edinburgh to play ball quickly and make mistakes. This set temp for whole of game although I thought it dropped after scoring. Movement and first time passes and players taking the ball in difficult positions and driving forward. What a change.