Goodwin's last team vs Goodwin's last but one team

We're going into this game after a good win (sic) yesterday, a couple of injury concerns but with hope that we'll have coupla new face in by Wednesday.

Aberdeen are in disarray and with Scales out suspended although I'm not sure who that benefits most - I'm presuming JGs departure will make it more difficult for them to get anyone decent in.

Aberdeen's last three games which got JG the bullet were away from home but they got 4/6 points from their last two home games while our away form has been indifferent. I expect Aberdeen's fans & team to be defiant on Wednesday night so I'll go for the third oldest cliche in the book and say the first goal will be vital - hopefully a calamity goal against them which will get their fans on the players backs.

Never give a sucker an even break!

Edited by btb

Would have been happier had Aberdeen scraped a 0-0 yesterday and Cormack gave Goodwin another chance to get his homework in before administering six of the belt… wonder, can Cormack ‘draw it’ like George T Steele, Johnstone High School, 1976… but I digress.

Just hope there’s no ‘no manager bounce’.  Hard to predict, suppose the biggest question is, have Aberdeen just sunk as low as they can go, and a line has been drawn in their freefall, or, will that shower of spineless shite masquerading in red continue to be that pish no matter who is managing them. Hopefully the likes of Erhahon, Gogic, Main and our other players who at least show character and effort even if things don’t go our way (Tynecastle recently), can get into their faces and grind them into the dirt.

0-1 Saints, or 1-0 Dons, or 1-1. Maybees. All depends. 🤓

The suggestion on the radio yesterday was the players had downed tools for Goodwin. Wouldn't surprise me now that the nasty man is gone if they suddenly get the finger out and put in the sort of display that his Willie Miller thinking it's 1983 again and Allan Preston starts blubbering about why the players should be apologising to Goodwin for turning it on once he's gone.

I watched the Aberdeen highlights earlier, it was disgraceful the way the players had chucked it yesterday. They were embarrassingly bad, they should be boo'd on to the pitch Wednesday night. Unfortunately they will regain their ability on Wednesday night now Goodwin has gone, notable exception(s) being any player Alan Stubbs rated and signed.

Saints win.

50 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Barry Robson?

I see they've signed a 21 year old CH from Watford.

Curtis Main's next victim.

Pollock is an absolute unit tbf.

Played plenty of lower league games down there too, hes not an academy kid.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pollock is an absolute unit tbf.

Played plenty of lower league games down there too, hes not an academy kid.

It was tongue in cheek.

Still, I'm sure that Curtis will give him a game to remember one way or another.

Full match being shown on BBC Teuchter at 10pm on Wednesday. Another ‘phone off and ipad in the drawer’ night for me, then watch without knowing anything. Not sure yet what the Gaelic for ‘football monitoring board’ is, but looking forward to finding out.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Full match being shown on BBC Teuchter at 10pm on Wednesday. Another ‘phone off and ipad in the drawer’ night for me, then watch without knowing anything. Not sure yet what the Gaelic for ‘football monitoring board’ is, but looking forward to finding out.

You'd better hope Steven Thompson doesn't introduce it.

Going to be a weird night if Aberdeen suddenly turn it on and win.

On one hand the Dons will enjoy the win……….on the other you’ll know your team has been chucking it for weeks and ripping the pish out the fans.

Best for everyone involved if we just turn up and get a comfortable 2-0 away win 👍🏻

12 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

A positive outcome from yesterday is we definitely can’t play Liam Scales.

However, that means we’ll definitely be seeing Anthony Stewart - f**k.

Who knows, Barry has eyes, so he may choose to find another option.

For all their woes the Dons have only lost 2 of their last 9 on home turf, and both of those were late single goal defeats to both Rangers and Celtic.

They've won 6 of the other 7 at Pittodrie and Motherwell are the only other team to leave there with all three points this season.

Given everything that's happened you'd expect their confidence to be in tatters so hopefully we can capitalise on that but it's still a big ask.

I don't think there's any doubt Goodwin's departure and the last 3 terrible results will make Aberdeen harder to beat on Wednesday.

AND our record there is awful.

However I think we should be approaching this with a level of confidence, and look to come away with all 3 points.

Just hope Carson's injury isn't as bad as it sounds like it might be.

Look... we all know how this script is written. I would love it to be different, but I think we all know that the players who could hardly pass the ball to each other a few days ago will suddenly become world beaters. That's just how football works. I'd love this not to be the case, but we've seen this movie far too many times to expect otherwise.

Cue exasperated pundits claiming "why didn't they do this under Jim?"