Hamilton Academical v Raith Rovers: THE FINAL

accies1874

10 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

It's absolutely astounding how many East Fife fans turn up  to post when Rovers lose a cup final, concentrate on your own team guys 🤪

I think you will find its only 2, I was defending a rovers fan being told he was not a fan for being disappointed at losing a cup final. Not that astounding as you say? 🙄

A bit like another team in Navy Blue on Friday night. Loads of the ball, keeper with nothing to do but could still be playing yet and never scored. Well done Hamilton

That’s the first time I’ve seen us lose a cup final. It’s a bit of a let down when you lose. Ruins the day a bit. The plan was to go back to Kirkcaldy and head to the pub for a few beers. Cancelled.

Thankfully I have endless experience of Rovers fucking the play-offs, so I am well used to losing.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

That’s the first time I’ve seen us lose a cup final. It’s a bit of a let down when you lose. Ruins the day a bit. The plan was to go back to Kirkcaldy and head to the pub for a few beers. Cancelled.

We lost the second ever B&Q cup final 1-0 to Hamilton in 1991, know how you're feeling rn xx

23 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

I think you will find its only 2, I was defending a rovers fan being told he was not a fan for being disappointed at losing a cup final. Not that astounding as you say? 🙄

Fair point, just  all 2 of you posting at the same time I suppose 🤪

Well done Accies. Enjoy the win.

We didn’t play at all in the first half and Hamilton set up really well (stopping our short goal kicks etc).

Obviously we were better in the 2nd half and had all the momentum after the red card. But I felt the substitutes halted that as we lost our shape with all the wingers and forwards on the pitch. They just seemed to get in the way - prime example being Easton’s cross that was heading straight for Vaughan 6 yards out but battered off McBride’s knees and went behind. We’d have been better just sticking Lang or Nolan up front so we at least had some height and a physical presence in the box for the (albeit floaty and shite) crosses being put in the box.

Congratulations to Hamilton, showed a lot of fight and we just were not good enough.

Didn't feel good as it's the first final I've seen us lose.  Can't be geedy though as I've see us beat both Old Firm in finals before and I'd much rather have won those games that this one. 

Edited by mrpaddyx