Scottish Cup 23 Quarter-Final Draw

PauloPerth

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I chose the first game because I have pals at Dunbar.

I'm sure a groundhopping pal managed to do the same thing a few years ago following the winners of successive ties all the way to Hampden. I decided to see how far I could get this year and it's worked out well so far. 

I may be whooshing myself but don't you always end up at Hampden no matter where you start?

Good idea, though, with ICT vs Killie being your glamour tie so far.

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I may be whooshing myself but don't you always end up at Hampden no matter where you start?

There is nothing and there never has been anything glamorous about your clubs.

There are those of us who understand and yes you are whooshing yourself.

55 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

It might have been difficult to get tickets for say a Celtic v Rangers tie if the road had gone in that direction or something like Falkirk v Gers (although I might have been able to pull a few strings..). Also as a Meadowbank fan I have never visited Almondvale and have no intention of ever going there so that would have ended any journey- ironic that I've ended up going to their conquerors. Also I'm in dispute with the idea of "FC Edinburgh" so wouldn't have gone to their home game.   

The final might eventually be Rangers v Celtic of course and getting a ticket for that might be tricky although I note there are hospitality packages on sale for the Final. We'll see.. 

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Tam's road to Hampden 

Vale of Leithen v Dunbar 

Dunbar v Clach

Dunbar v Stirling Uni

Albion Rovers v Stirling Uni

Dundee Utd v Stirling Uni

Dundee Utd v Kilmarnock

Inverness CT v Kilmarnock

Happy with that draw, I've never been to ICT and avoided the Cheeks 

You'll of course be hoping that ICT v Killie is chosen as the Sunday match... given your social engagements already on the Saturday!! 😉

10 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

You'll of course be hoping that ICT v Killie is chosen as the Sunday match... given your social engagements already on the Saturday!! 😉

oh phuq, I thought there was a clash. 

couldn't you just call the wedding aff....! 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It might have been difficult to get tickets for say a Celtic v Rangers tie if the road had gone in that direction or something like Falkirk v Gers (although I might have been able to pull a few strings..). Also as a Meadowbank fan I have never visited Almondvale and have no intention of ever going there so that would have ended any journey- ironic that I've ended up going to their conquerors. Also I'm in dispute with the idea of "FC Edinburgh" so wouldn't have gone to their home game.   

The final might eventually be Rangers v Celtic of course and getting a ticket for that might be tricky although I note there are hospitality packages on sale for the Final. We'll see.. 

Sounds great.

I've got a mate who does similar for the FA Cup. He used to start at the First Round proper, but since Covid has been starting in August at the Extra Preliminary Round, or whatever they call it, then just following it all the way through. I think I'm going to give it a go next season in either the Scottish or English Cup.

I know he did the full run twice, but now he just takes it up to the quarters then ignores the semis and final as they tend to be really expensive and awkward things to attend due to transport etc. His view is that those games aren't really what he's into, and the Road to Wembley has gone as far as Wembley, but we argue over the semantics of this.

22 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Anyone know who makes the final VAR decision for matches is it home teams/joint? In my opinion some 'questionable' decisions made in the OF's games but they were both at home. After seeing that VAR for the cup costs circa £10k - if one of the OF are drawn away, can Caley, Ayr, Raith etc al say 'f**k off we don't want' and and refuse to pay without being bullied into using it by the OF just paying ass clearly it was beneficial in both games (so cash well spent I'd say!!!)

Heard both teams need to agree for usage then both expected to pay 7.5k

6 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

Thankfully not a problem for us this round as no chance Killie would pay that any more than we would - even if we did have the infrastrcture

43 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

How are TV ties divvied for this? All 4 games on TV in some fashion I presume? Or is there a possibility that only 3 are picked? Falkirk v Ayr probably the “worst” pick as far as tv goes. 

Our game will be better attended than ICT/Killie. Howeve, there being a  Premiership team in that tie, that'll trump it.  I am sure it's 2 Viaplay and 2 BBC.  

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

How are TV ties divvied for this? All 4 games on TV in some fashion I presume? Or is there a possibility that only 3 are picked? Falkirk v Ayr probably the “worst” pick as far as tv goes. 

All 4 are on TV.

Viaplay will almost certainly have Hearts v Celtic and Rangers v Raith Rovers on the Saturday and Sunday respectively, with BBC Scotland showing Inverness v Kilmarnock and Falkirk v Ayr Utd (possibly on the Friday and Monday, although it would be a toss-up as to which game goes on which day since neither has any constraints).

4 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Seems a bit high, given that…

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's only available at Premiership grounds.

…and they have already amortized the costs of the setup. Based upon numbers put out about the costs of GLT and VAR for each Premiership team, the rough numbers are around £9-10k per match for them both, so probably closer to £4.5-5k each.

16 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We won't win the cup, as there's zero chance Neilson's side beats both the Old firm, and there's nobody left who can beat them for us, so it's all fucked, basically.

An OF quarter-final and we'd have been in with a decent swing, but that draw has almost guaranteed us an Old Firm winner.

Pretty much have to agree, unfortunately. The only silver lining of the probable second Old Firm final of the season is we'll be able to wrap up the Euro millions early again.

17 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We won't win the cup, as there's zero chance Neilson's side beats both the Old firm, and there's nobody left who can beat them for us, so it's all fucked, basically.

An OF quarter-final and we'd have been in with a decent swing, but that draw has almost guaranteed us an Old Firm winner.

I don't think it's necessarily a Neilson-specific problem tbh. There's a huge investment gap that we have the potential to close, in time (measured in multiple seasons, not months). 

Without wanting to sound like I'm making excuses, I think we suffer that we're rarely underestimated by the OF which is why Patrick can almost get a result at Ibrox due to complacency, whereas we get stuffed.

As suggested elsewhere our record against Postecoglu's Celtic at Tynecastle is close in results terms, so not all doom and gloom. 

Also, if you want to win the cup without looking like weasels, you have to beat at least 1 of the OF, so we may as well give ourselves the best possible chance with a home tie